Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

on matermity leave with 3 month old. Am 4 weeks pregnat can I get maternity pay for second child

(3 Posts)
LIZS Tue 05-Nov-13 16:02:03

It depends what you actually earn on average during your qualifying weeks (ie. approx 8 weeks prior to 24th week pg) . In theory yes but if you are receiving SMP or are on OML during that time, your 90% for 6 weeks may mean you will get only the basic SMP level for the first 6 weeks as well as the next 33. If you company offers a discretionary scheme over and above SMP then you would need to check eligibility with HR.

WipsGlitter Tue 05-Nov-13 15:49:06

Yes. As long as you go back I think. I know someone who came back in February and went off in July and got her full maternity package.

drdoolittle1000 Tue 05-Nov-13 15:18:46

Im on maternty leave with 3 month old baby. Due to go back to work end of March. Am 4 weeks pregnant! Would then start maternity leave beginning of May! Will I get maternity pay.....HELP!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now