How to find work that fits around ure family and ure partner working

(10 Posts)
Ellebongo Sun 03-Nov-13 15:33:08

Hi I'm a mum of 2 boys one is 4 and the other is 16 months used to work as a care assistant my partner works 5 days a week I don't due to not being able to afford child care and some one to pick up my older son from school I am a person who can't do wi staying at home I've worked since I was 16 and now finding it hard to find a job that fits round my life has any one ideas on what I could do was thinking of starting my own buissness but no money to put in .

LaurieFairyCake Sun 03-Nov-13 15:40:21

Can you do Avon?

Deliver local newspapers/leaflets?

givemeaclue Sun 03-Nov-13 15:44:17

Child minder?
Ironing
Babysitting

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Sun 03-Nov-13 15:45:31

Bar work - evenings through the week then all day Sunday for the lunch service?

Do you bake or.craft? If so, set yourself up.a Facebook Page selling your wares.

breatheslowly Sun 03-Nov-13 15:59:28

What hours does your partner work?

TensionSquealsGhoulsHeels Sun 03-Nov-13 16:05:09

Why can't your OH request more family friendly hours? Might give you more options if he's doing school pick ups as well.

Phineyj Thu 07-Nov-13 19:52:14

Cleaning?

WestmorlandSausage Thu 07-Nov-13 20:02:39

Your previous work as a care assistant is a job that can often be done part time. Can you not get child care even some of the time? Will your previous employer not offer you reduced hours? A lot of care agencies can offer fairly flexible hours that can fit around your family.

What kind of jobs have you applied for so far?

FannyFifer Thu 07-Nov-13 20:05:08

Care work, weekends or nights. Maybe agency work.

noisytoys Thu 07-Nov-13 20:10:37

Work just to pay the childcare? It's worth it for your sanity (it's what I do)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now