How to find work that fits around ure family and ure partner working

(10 Posts)
Ellebongo Sun 03-Nov-13 15:33:08

Hi I'm a mum of 2 boys one is 4 and the other is 16 months used to work as a care assistant my partner works 5 days a week I don't due to not being able to afford child care and some one to pick up my older son from school I am a person who can't do wi staying at home I've worked since I was 16 and now finding it hard to find a job that fits round my life has any one ideas on what I could do was thinking of starting my own buissness but no money to put in .

Can you do Avon?

Deliver local newspapers/leaflets?

givemeaclue Sun 03-Nov-13 15:44:17

Child minder?
Ironing
Babysitting

MortifiedAnyFuckerAdams Sun 03-Nov-13 15:45:31

Bar work - evenings through the week then all day Sunday for the lunch service?

Do you bake or.craft? If so, set yourself up.a Facebook Page selling your wares.

What hours does your partner work?

TensionSquealsGhoulsHeels Sun 03-Nov-13 16:05:09

Why can't your OH request more family friendly hours? Might give you more options if he's doing school pick ups as well.

Phineyj Thu 07-Nov-13 19:52:14

Cleaning?

Your previous work as a care assistant is a job that can often be done part time. Can you not get child care even some of the time? Will your previous employer not offer you reduced hours? A lot of care agencies can offer fairly flexible hours that can fit around your family.

What kind of jobs have you applied for so far?

FannyFifer Thu 07-Nov-13 20:05:08

Care work, weekends or nights. Maybe agency work.

noisytoys Thu 07-Nov-13 20:10:37

Work just to pay the childcare? It's worth it for your sanity (it's what I do)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now