Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

How much time off work.....

(5 Posts)
chuckieegg2008 Sun 03-Nov-13 08:27:27

How much time off work would people think is reasonable to take to recover from a sickness bug?
I went home early on Wednesday and was off sick thurs and fri. I'm due back in tomorrow but still not feeling great (have stopped been sick). This will be my 5th day if sickness. Is it normal to be off this long with a sickness bug?

chocoshopoholic Sun 03-Nov-13 08:38:11

My work copies the 48 hour rule to try and avoid spread, but from what I've heard of elsewhere are very lenient/tolerant/fair. We can do work from home if feeling well enough.

flowery Sun 03-Nov-13 10:13:34

well, 5 days is quite a long time for a sickness bug but if you're not well enough you're not well enough. If you're "not feeling great" today, presumably you'll be feeling a bit nearer great by tomorrow morning though?

LovesBeingHereAgain Tue 05-Nov-13 05:25:27

I had a bug recently that wiped me out, went back to work and it came back 3 days later so was off again.

Isn't tge 48 rule for after you've stopped being sick?

Are you eating properly? Have you managed to get up and about properly?

hermioneweasley Tue 05-Nov-13 21:07:56

How many people feel "great" every day? Are you well enough to go to work, maybe even for a shorter day or not doing your most stressful/high energy things?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now