changing hours

(3 Posts)
pingu888 Wed 30-Oct-13 11:02:02

i have work part time on a job share basis wed pm thur and fri due to i no longer want to work the wed pm and want to work monday daytime instead and have put a request for flexible working and in principle my manager has agreed the only thing is the other person that works part time mon tue and wed is being a bit frosty about it and has given me the impression i am stepping on her toes as its her day in any advice

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 30-Oct-13 14:38:34

Is she worried that she is going to be asked to change her hours as it is a job share or maybe that it is changing the role from a job share to two part time roles? Is she worried that clients won't have a point of contact on the days you will be no longer there possibly leading to her being contacted on her non work days? I can see a whole number of these kind of reasons why she might be concerned.
Traditionally with a job share the full time position is fully covered, but with only one person in the office at any one time.

pingu888 Wed 30-Oct-13 15:46:19

We both work wed pm so just changing the time we are in together

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now