Brilliant. Pregnant and being made redundant.

(7 Posts)
WorryWarm Fri 18-Oct-13 16:47:46

And because I have been fortunate enough to only work there for 9 months, I am entitled to sweet f-a.

Any ideas as to things I should ask/bring up in my consultation meeting? I can't think of anything seeing as I am not entitled to anything and there will be nothing to negotiate.

I am on one month notice so unless I can drag things out for three weeks, they'll get rid of me just shy of my qualifying week angry

Just venting really... At least I'll be entitled to MA, I hope.

AndHarry Fri 18-Oct-13 17:00:14

sad That sucks. Can you ask very nicely if you can stay until you qualify for SMP? That might be the best chance for negotiation and is worth a shot.

WorryWarm Sat 19-Oct-13 09:20:27

Thanks AndHarry, after discussing it with a solicitor friend I'll be taking legal advice next week.

Can I refuse (abd propose a later date) the consultation meeting that has already been scheduled for next week? I want to make sure I get proper advice before going into it? Where do I stand with that?

TheDoctrineOfSpike Sun 20-Oct-13 13:11:20

You can request a change to the timetable, they aren't obliged to agree but they may well agree as it leaves them less open to challenge.

flowery Sun 20-Oct-13 16:59:17

If you request a postponement of a few days in order to take legal advice, they would not look reasonable in the event of a claim later on if they refuse.

Make your appointment with the lawyer, and if your employer won't postpone the meeting until after you've seen the lawyer, go to the consultation and literally just hear then out and get all the information and take it to the lawyer afterwards.

WorryWarm Sun 20-Oct-13 19:04:32

Thanks Doctrine and flowery, I was unsure if to mention the legal advice but I can see how it would enabler to get the advice and go to the meeting clued up!

WorryWarm Tue 22-Oct-13 09:23:05

Right, asked for postponement so lets see what the response is.

Would definitely be unreasonable to refuse a postponement seeing as they are not meeting one of the individuals until the end of next week, despite the individual returning to work from leave w/c 28th.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now