Have messed up a bit - best way to recover it?

(8 Posts)
ModeratelyObvious Fri 13-Sep-13 18:30:02

I got made redundant a couple of months ago. I'm getting on with life but it was a bit of a blow.

Last Thursday I had a coffee with someone who said "oh, I don't think your experience is quite right, but send over your CV anyway and I'll send it to our recruitment consultants." This person was a friend of a contact so was doing me a favour.

I wanted to tweak my CV to make it as appropriate as possible but I was looking after DS the following day, had various things on and didn't do it. Whenever I planned to do it in the evenings, something came up. This week I've had interviews and been busy with bits of freelance work, it's got to Friday evening and I still haven't sent it over.

It's complicated by the fact that I know which recruitment consultant they are using as I'm already registered with them for other things.

I wish now I'd just sent the unadjusted CV. Since I didn't, what's the best way to handle this? Send it now with an apology?

whattodoo Fri 13-Sep-13 18:34:53

I'd send it with an apology. Your only other option is to not send it, which wouldn't make much sense!

ModeratelyObvious Fri 13-Sep-13 18:50:26

That makes sense! Do you think "thanks very much for the coffee, here's my cv as discussed, many apologies for the delay" is better or should I go into more detail like adding "suddenly got really busy with freelance work this week"?

Bumbolina Fri 13-Sep-13 18:52:26

Just say "thanks very much for the coffee - please see cv attached, have taken some time to amend"

whattodoo Fri 13-Sep-13 18:53:25

I'd go with the first. If you start making excuses it gives the impression your freelance work is more important than your job search (which may or may not be the case).

ModeratelyObvious Fri 13-Sep-13 19:28:03

Should I worry about the fact the recruitment consultancy will see it and it's a bit of an update to the one they had (plus one of my potential freelance clients came through them)? Or am I thinking about this too much?!

JacqueslePeacock Fri 13-Sep-13 19:56:36

Thinking about it too much!!

ModeratelyObvious Fri 13-Sep-13 20:34:57

Sent it, thanks folks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now