Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

Refused SSP

(3 Posts)
Blondie010 Wed 04-Sep-13 20:51:45

I have just found out I am not entitled to SSP and therefore have requested my company send me a form SSP1. (this is because I am on zero contract hours) I guess there isn't a lot I can do about it. I am just waiting for them to send me the form. I am registered disabled with slipped disc, under active thyroids and more. I was also recently diagnosed with Menieres Disease and Neuralgia in my ears as well as Diverticulitis. As well as the Menieres etc I also have M.E. I have been very ill and weak, dizzy, sick etc and initially thought it was because of the Menieres however I know something much worse is going on as when I attended the kidney clinic this morning, the consultant took one look at me and was straight on the phone to the Neurology Department (I am also losing my memory and struggling some of the time to even speak) so now waiting for an appointment for the Neurology Dpt. I am even more worried now having found out I cannot be paid SSP. I will now also lose my working tax credit. Does it necessarily follow that because the company will not pay SSP that I am no longer in their employment? To make it worse my husband is currently unemployed. Its looking like I will have to claim ESA. How much is ESA and is there anything else I can claim apart from HB? Help!

FacebookWanker Wed 04-Sep-13 20:55:46

I wish I had some answers, but I know nothing about HR. I couldn't leave without saying though. I'm really sorry to hear about your health and I hope your situation improves soon. ((()))

The best people to contact are ACAS they have a help line that you can phone on weekdays they will give you excellent current advise and there is no charge. We have a Nanny Agency and always phone there if we are uncertain about something rather than give incorrect advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now