I am a teacher at school - what would be my next 3 year plan in terms of CPD?

(4 Posts)
goodwebsite Tue 20-Aug-13 18:03:26

I am in mid 30s and I have been teaching for couple of years. I have had some curriculum responsibilities but now feel that I would like some change...not sure if I should focus my energy into developing subject or whether it is better to switch energy and perhaps develop pastoral side? I am a busy mum and not sure I need pastoral responsibilities as it might be too much...please share your ideas

Groovee Wed 21-Aug-13 09:22:06

May be better in the staff room section for teachers rather than the employment issues one.

sassytheFIRST Wed 21-Aug-13 09:31:18

I've been a Head of Year and really loved it. I'm not an admin type at all - reading/interpreting curricular maps and data bores me to tears. BUT I gave up hoy when I had my first child and haven't gone back to it. She's now 10. You can't factor in what's going to happen that day and can't leave till its done. I also teach a marking heavy subject and was finding all my marking was done at home as all my frees were taken up with pastoral stuff.

Now the dc are 10 and 8 I'm just beginning to think about pastoral responsibilities again. Looking for a hoy position in about 3 years time, ideally.

Oh and staffroom section will be more helpful smile

goodwebsite Wed 21-Aug-13 21:27:56

thank you for your thoughts - very helpful. I intuitively feel that responsibilities will take up my energy and i would better save this energy for my chiildren. But only worried if this might affect my future career...( say not too much CPD now when kids small?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now