Help. think I might be sacked

(4 Posts)
flowery Tue 07-May-13 12:37:21

It's too late I see, but I'd say be honest. I can't see that lying about feeling ill would make things any better, because if you'd been feeling ill you wouldn't have made up a fake meeting in the first place.

The meeting at 12 wasn't a disciplinary otherwise you'd know about it, so do come back with what happened so we can advise on next steps.

Unless you've not been there long in which case a disciplinary wouldn't be necessary.

DaisyFlower123 Tue 07-May-13 12:05:43

I would be completely honest, apologise, say it was bad judgement and hope they let you off with a warning! But I am a terrible liar so couldn't lie even if I wanted too!!

How long have you worked there?

Why is your work poor? Would you be glad to leave if your unhappy?

If it was me and I wanted to stay in the job I'd lie and say I felt ill but because of how difficult I found work last week I didn't want to say so I went home. I would say I was finding work this week easier and was very committed to improving my performance.

I would come clean if I didn't want to stay in the job.

chrome100 Tue 07-May-13 11:52:00

Firstly, I know what I did was wrong and that I am entirely to blame. Please don’t tell me I shouldn’t have done it and I was stupid, because I know that.

Background – DP has his own business and works very hard on his own to make ends meet. Last week he was having a really bad time preparing for a big event and was so unhappy and stressed. A very important item he needed had been delivered to the wrong place and it was the straw that broke the camel’s back. He rang me in tears at work not knowing how he would sort it out. Although it was the afternoon and I was at work, I said that I would sort it out, lied to DP and told him I had permission to leave work and get said item as otherwise I knew he would have not “let” me.

The reality is, I didn’t have permission. I made up a meeting that I had to and left work to help DP. Trouble is, work became suspicious, made a few phone calls and now know the meeting did not exist.

I have to meet my boss at 12 to explain myself and I feel sick. I know I was in the wrong but I don’t think they’ll care. My work has been pretty poor recently too and they know I am unhappy at work generally so I think they will be glad to see the back of me.

What can I do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now