How do I deal with this .............??

(5 Posts)
BriansBrain Tue 14-May-13 23:45:23

When is your next review due?

I would arrange a review as soon as possible with your immediate manager, take along a copy of your job description and gain control of your role.

3 weeks is a good time to make sure you are in control of everything you agreed to when you signed your contract and job description.

mammasmadhouse Fri 10-May-13 15:41:55

The tasks remain in my jd; historically there has only been my role as admin support for the management team for 10 years or more. I have been in post for 3 weeks, my immediate boss is yet to start in post as she is also new but the deputy has been in post for a number of years and is on good terms with the person she is trying to create a new role for. She is the type of person that once she has an idea in her head wont let get, its all black and white so to speak!Obviously I am keen to create a good impression and get on with the job in hand but feel that I should'nt be there being a bit sensitive I know but I can ask about certain tasks and get told oh I asked xxx to do that hence I feel that I am in the way and stepping on toes. I am trying to take it on the chin but feel uneasy about it all

Champagnebubble Sat 04-May-13 20:50:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mingtea Mon 29-Apr-13 20:16:10

Talk to your manager about it.

mammasmadhouse Mon 29-Apr-13 19:35:00

OK I have started a new job recently and in the interim period between me starting and the previous person going a few of the vital tasks were covered by a colleage. I understand that this person was offered the job initially but wasnt able to take it. So it appears that management are now keen to create an admin post for this person, and it seems that some of the tasks that historically sat in my remit are being pulled into the others persons remit and I am not sure what if anything I can do about it. I feel quite awkward about the situation already almost like I am not worthy. I am new to the work area but have vast experience in my working role, so do have lots to bring to the role, and I am really trying to go with the flow but finding if difficult trying to get to grips with everything without stepping on anyone's toes!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now