Need copy payslips - ex employer not providing

(7 Posts)
weakestlink Fri 26-Apr-13 11:14:29

I need some copy payslips from 2012 for Maternity Allowance claim and my ex employer is saying this is not possible as its the previous tax year...
My current employer seems to have no problem printing off duplicates for last year?!
I have asked for a statement instead from the ex employer but they have sent a list of amounts with no dates whatsoever so have emailed again asking for dates to be included and will have to send that off and hope for the best!
Is it really that hard?!?

flowery Fri 26-Apr-13 11:32:24

Well, no it's not necessarily that hard, but to be fair, they probably think it isn't that hard to keep your own payslips for a time either.

Hopefully they'll be able to send you a revised version with dates. Will the people processing the MA claim accept bank statements showing amounts going in from your employer, or your P60/P45?

DorisShutt Fri 26-Apr-13 11:54:00

Erm, yes it can be.

Our payroll software doesn't let us reprint payslips or P60's.

It will give us a history, but only of the current year.

I hate it, but the software is cheap, does the job for the month and that's all the business owner cares about.

IAmNotAMindReader Sat 27-Apr-13 18:44:50

If they won't or can't do that then can you ask them to provide a statement of earnings. That may be acceptable in cases where payslips are not available.

weakestlink Mon 29-Apr-13 12:02:13

I did ask for a statement if it was easier for them for the 4 months I need but they sent a letter with just the amounts - no dates which won't suffice for my MA claim so I have emailed again.
Can't use P45 or P60 as they show total amount earned not a breakdown with dates etc.
From your answers I can see that their software doesn't allow re-prints but hopefully they can get the statement right second time around!

Phantomquartz Tue 30-Apr-13 15:26:01

You should be able to get a statement from HMRC which gives the equivalent information.

weakestlink Tue 30-Apr-13 18:59:43

That's good to know if worst comes to worst...

Presumably HMRC administer Maternity Allowance so why they can't get hold of the information themselves is beyond me!

Hopefully a new statement will appear in my postbox at some point this week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now