please can someone help me with this

(4 Posts)
wheredoistartmrs Tue 23-Apr-13 08:26:37

I have returned to work after mat leave to find that the girl I work with who I am good friends with has decided to spend much of her day on facebook or texting new boyfriend on the front desk. I am sleepdeprived and have no self esteem at the moment and need to know how to tell her to stop. I know it sounds simple but there is only 2 of us in a very small company. if I tell her she will ignore me for days .it will change our normally good working relationship.she has just left her husband and is hooked up with a smelly loser and has also decided not to shower anymore and get those big holes in her ears which is fine but not suitable for work.what do I do?

MoaneyMcmoanmoan Tue 23-Apr-13 08:29:24

You need to have a word with your boss.

If you are not senior to her, surely it is not your responsibility to tell her?
Your boss could tell her they have been monitoring Interent usage (like many companies do) so she doesn't have to know it came from you.

How close are you? If one of my friends stopped showering I think I would have to say something about that.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 23-Apr-13 08:30:37

Can you leave her to it? If it's a small company they'll soon notice the comparison with you doing a proper job.

I'd have a word with your boss tbh. I used to work with a girl who was 15-20 mins late EVERY day, then had her hour out at lunchtime, came back with her lunch and ate it, therefore taking another 20 minutes.
I had to change my hours as hubby and I car shared at the time so I was always early by 20 mins, so I knew she would be able to change hers to later.
I used to sit in the stationery room for my lunch to get away from the phones etc (had sofa etc, very nice), and staff used to come and get me as the phones used to go mad, so I rarely got time off at lunch until I started going out and sitting in my car down the road!
We used to have tight deadlines for things, so I was carrying her most of the time. She only worked Thursdays and Fridays and every other Tuesday anyway!
I got so annoyed in the end, I had a word with our boss, and he sat opposite me one morning in her chair, pretending he was waiting for me to open the post, and caught her out.
She bucked up her ideas after that, and the boss changed her hours smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now