Changes at work because of pregnancy??

(3 Posts)
johnandkymberley Sat 20-Apr-13 10:41:51

Hiya, that's VERY interesting reading! My employers don't implement any of that! It's been useful though as I will be able to go to my docs and ask for a med3 form outlining things that I shouldn't do whilst pregnant. Then my employer can't discriminate against me??

Woody72 Fri 19-Apr-13 23:12:03

Have a read of this link. http://www.sohas.co.uk/publications/publication21.pdf
Your work should be risk assessed and the weights of things you are required to lift should be documented. Have you ever seen a risk assessment for your job?

johnandkymberley Fri 19-Apr-13 18:53:44

Hi all,
I'm not pregnant yet. Had my implant out yesterday!!! But I am thinking about work as my job can be physically demanding. Also my employer wants as much notice as possible if I am pregnant, which suits me fine as I have epilepsy and will have LOADS of additional appointments/scans to go to. So it's as much in my interest as it is hers!!
I work in a school but do lift tables/stacks of chairs and heavy boxes full of books etc daily. I have been expected to lift 8 school tables by myself before!! But after I hurt my back I am now allowed to have another colleague help me.
Anyhoo
Where do I stand on this matter?? How much can I lift and can I point blank refuse to do lifting when it's expected or I'm asked to??
I would like to work up until I give birth all being well!! I would like to spend as much time off with my baby as possible too.

Any help/advice would be great smile
Thanks in advance

Kymberley xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now