Anybody on here been subject to disciplinary action at work?

(19 Posts)

Hi OP, I've been there, NHS worker too.
I got a verbal warning for dropping a piece of paper with patient identifiable details on it, it stayed on file for 6 months.

Have you had a previous verbal warning? I'm wondering why they've gone straight to written warning in your case if this was a first offence.

I was upset for a while but it was fine, it was 2 years ago now and is 'spent'.

It's a horrible thing to go through, I hope you're ok? smile

ajandjjmum Fri 26-Apr-13 19:33:42

applecrumble - I followed your thread for ages and always wondered what had happened. Take it it was all resolved and you got the apology you deserved?!! Sorry for the hijack, but from time to time I've wondered what happened. smile

NatashaBee Fri 26-Apr-13 19:24:52

I remember your original thread, apple. What happened in the end, did they drop all the 'charges'?

ExRatty Fri 26-Apr-13 19:18:12

I was accused of gross misconduct and suspended.

I was the 3rd of 4 v senior staff removed in this way.
They had no evidence but were very very unpleasant and it felt/was very personal
In the end we all either:
resigned and got jobs elsewhere as it was crystal clear what the new ceo's motives were
compromised a huge payout to leave

Dreadful misuse of disciplinary process

WipsGlitter Thu 25-Apr-13 21:41:02

apple welcome back. Was it all resolved in the end?

tinker316 Thu 25-Apr-13 21:33:53

I got dismissed today, i DID work for the NHS-I was issued a written warning last year& despite I have personal problems regarding mental health etc... They wanted me gone.
I knew before the hearing started that they did, so I offered to resign.
But they said they had to follow through procedure anyway.
I see it as 'separated by mutual decision'.
I now have the delight of trying to find out what entitlements I can receive as I am a single parent &rent privately.
Is going to be hard, but remaining positive for my daughters sake.
I hope things end up well 4usmilesmile
X x x

applecrumbleandcream Thu 18-Apr-13 22:50:45

Hi I'm fine thanks. Still at work and along with everybody else keeping my head down and hoping the current review and redundancies don't affect me. Yes I had a terrible time last year... accused of fiddling my flexi, going on internet websites, talking extra leave and not recording it, taking too long lunches, leaving early and not recording correctly. Still very upset about it as totally innocent!! Was reported by a colleague who said she had a 'grudge' against me and also had been stalking me for over a year unknown to me angry angry

clam Wed 17-Apr-13 22:57:43

I remember you too, apple. Didn't your former company invent some trumped-up charges that didn't even apply to you?

CointreauVersial Wed 17-Apr-13 22:46:43

Hey apple, how are you doing?

I remember your story; I really felt for you.

applecrumbleandcream Wed 17-Apr-13 22:28:59

I was suspended and marched out of work from local government accused of gross misconduct. Had massive amount of advice and support on MN if you search for it under my name.

MissTweed Mon 15-Apr-13 06:07:30

Hi yoni, I also work in the NHS and know loads of people that have had disiplinarys over lateness, sickness, sleeping on the job etc etc, it never affects prospects etc and its only a matter of short time until the next person gets one and yours if forgotten smile

Littleowlsquared Mon 15-Apr-13 03:12:30

I wouldn't worry about this. It's not as though you did something on purpose. Anybody can get mixed up when working shifts and it's probably just some formal thing they have to do under the circumstances.

It's done with and you can forget about it now.

Redcliff Fri 12-Apr-13 20:42:44

I got a warning for having diffrent prices on stock (I worked in a shop) - it felt really horrible at the time but didn't affect my job prospects and infact I had not thought about it for years. I am sure you will be ok if you keep you nose clean.

hotbot Fri 12-Apr-13 19:28:03

Sorry I have disciplined people or the same reason. Please don't worry about it, it was clearly a genuine mistake, formal,warnings have to be given ,up in those circumstances, as sometimes there a people who continually do this and it wouldn't be fair or wise to differentiate
Don't dwell ..... Everyone can make a mistake.

YoniLoveCanSetYouFree Fri 12-Apr-13 18:48:14

Crap, is it just me (and juney) then?

YoniLoveCanSetYouFree Fri 12-Apr-13 15:46:13

Thank you for sharing your story juney, I'm surprised it is not something more people have admitted to on here. I also feel there is more going on in my situation than just me making a mistake - I don't 'get' office politics, and am in the process of being assessed for Asperger's syndrome, which I'm sure hasn't helped.

juneybean Fri 12-Apr-13 11:26:19

Sorry about mistakes, I'm on my phone and for some reason it insists ion stealing letters

juneybean Fri 12-Apr-13 11:25:24

I got one for the most ridiculous thing, I worked in the office of a restaurant/bar and one night we stayed after work for a drink and got some free potato skins, but apparently we were taking advantage and I got a written warning.

It stayed on my record for six months, I felt let down by the company, I had worked there many years and had actualy gone part time in order to retrain in childcae so would be leaving soon any ways.

Felt like final blow in what was otherwise good service from myself. The boss didn't like me though because I wasn't thin and beautiful. Cock.

But it never affected future jobs, after the six months, or year in your case, they cannot disclose it on a reference.

YoniLoveCanSetYouFree Fri 12-Apr-13 10:32:32

Can't find any threads by people who have been subject to disciplinary action at work, though there must be some on Mumsnet. I've just had a disciplinary hearing and received a first written warning (to cut a long story short, I work for the NHS and I got confused about when I was supposed to be working, didn't turn up for a shift and couldn't be contacted by work as I'd let the battery on my mobile run down). This warning will be on my personal record for a year. I'd like to hear the stories of other people who have been through something like this and how it turned out for them. Did you stay in your job? Was it ok, or did you feel under a shadow? Or did you look for another job? Did your record make it difficult to get another job? Where exactly do you go when you've fucked up at work like this? Can we have an honest and non-judgemental discussion? I'm feeling ashamed and quite depressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now