Local authority lawyers

(1 Post)
CheshireSplat Sat 30-Mar-13 10:18:36

Hi all.

I was wondering if there were any LA lawyers out there who could let me know what they think of their jobs. I'm currently in private practice, 6 years PQE, doing contracts, procurement and projects. I've seen a very interesting advert for a job with a city council doing projects, regeneration etc. and there are a lot of exciting schemes being planned. My instinct is that I would love the work, I've been looking for a move away from private practice for a while and the (I would imagine!) shorter working hours would be great.

The thing that is making me hesitate is a few years ago a good friend said LA work wouldn't suit me as I'd get frustrated due to the level of sign-of required and the delays this can cause. Do you find things are delayed or slow?

Finally, if I didn't like it, I wonder if I would be able to move back into the private sector one day - not private practice but in house. Anyone done this?

Many thanks.

CS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now