ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

How long before 'chasing' after a job interview?

(4 Posts)
Thurlow Tue 26-Mar-13 11:56:06

I had a job interview yesterday morning, they said they would hopefully call the successful candidate late yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing it's a no and trying not be too depressed as it was a bloody perfect job but they didn't mention how they would tell the non-successful candidates. Can I email their HR department to ask? And how long would you wait? It was my first interview in ages so I wouldn't mind a bit of feedback.

flowery Tue 26-Mar-13 11:59:51

I wouldn't rush to email them if the interview was only yesterday morning. There could be a million reasons why they were not able to contact people yesterday afternoon, and I think promising that was possibly slightly silly of them tbh.

I'd give them a couple of days.

Thurlow Tue 26-Mar-13 12:29:20

Thanks. It did seem a bit quick, tbh, but maybe they already had a good idea which of the candidates they'd hire. Is it standard practice nowadays to inform unsuccessful candidates at all, or do they just leave you wondering?!

flowery Tue 26-Mar-13 12:57:38

Varies. Certainly good practice to inform all candidates who have been interviewed, although some employers find it difficult to personally contact all applicants, where they might be hundreds.

But yes, assuming they didn't interview hundreds, I expect you to hear either way. Although strange they didn't say when they'd let unsuccessful candidates know by...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now