Job interview this afternoon...

(4 Posts)
Tommychoochoo Mon 25-Mar-13 10:09:25

I have a job interview this afternoonconfused.

I have worked in the same industry for 14 years and am currently the department manager on a very good salary. We have 3ds and I want to spend more time a home with them. Discussed with dh and with a couple of cutback we can afford it. So the interview is in the same industry (different company) working 3 days in an admin dept. This is a step down but can't do my current job part time.

I guess they are going to ask me why I'm going from manager to admin assistant.Is it ok to say in an interview because I want to spend more time at home with 3dc??

lljkk Netherlands Mon 25-Mar-13 10:42:20

Why not?
Put some spin on it "I want a better work life balance, I give so much to my work I tend to overdo it if I'm allowed a full time job."

CheshireSplat Sat 30-Mar-13 10:09:09

Local authority lawyers

Hi. I am currently in private practice, 6 years PQE. I have seen an interesting role for a city council doing projects, procurement, contracts, regeneration. All things I really enjoy.

Do any of you work for local authorities as solicitors? Do you like it? Would you recommend it? And putting it very bluntly (if I didn't like it) what are your chances of working in other in-house roles in the future, e.g. for limited companies/p.l.c.s?

Thanks.

CheshireSplat Sat 30-Mar-13 10:11:08

Sorry ! Didn't mean to gate crash your thread, tried and failed to post a new topic! Sorry! CS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now