Sick time

(6 Posts)
Bluelightsandsirens Sun 31-Mar-13 22:02:08

How many periods of sickness did you have in that time and was the bereavement sickness booked as compassionate leave?

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 31-Mar-13 10:52:17

Had you provided your previous manager as a referee on your CV? Was the job offer made subject to references?
Had you signed a contract for the job?

TheFallenNinja Sun 31-Mar-13 04:39:56

Did you declare it in your application?

missingmumxox Sun 31-Mar-13 04:27:20

I would say no, as in your reasons are 1 offs but what if you had a disability? look at the Equality Act, seems ridiculous to me I lost my Mum and took 2 weeks sick whilst she was dying and after she died I didn't get any compassionate then 1 month later I had a car crash and 6 weeks off, not likely to be repeated unless I was very unlucky and found another mum!
check with your union.

lljkk Fri 22-Mar-13 13:52:56

. I suspect they are perfectly allowed as same employer in a way, but am curious if anyone knows for sure.

Serenity22 Fri 22-Mar-13 13:49:01

Hi I'm new to this would like some advice.i have recently had a job offer and at the last minute had the job offer withdrawn.after a week I found out this was due to my sick record over the last 2 years .i had a period of where I had a sudden bereavement and had time of as sick .I found out that the manager for the job had contacted my previous manager and had an in-depth chat about me and my sick record and my personal issues.I work for the NHS are they allowed to do this without my permission ? Speaking about personal health matters .
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now