fracture to the collar bone - need to wear a sling for a week - shall I ask for a week off?

(5 Posts)
Hotpotatofood Sat 16-Mar-13 20:45:18

feel guilty and not sure if appropriate - fell on stairs at home, have fracture and need to wear a sling for a week. is it OK to ask off work ? i work in school.

AmandaPayneNeedsaHoliday Sat 16-Mar-13 20:46:14

You need to talk to your doctor and find out whether he/she thinks you need to be signed off surely? Also depends on the nature of your work in the school and whether you can do 'light' duties for a while.

chimchar Sat 16-Mar-13 20:46:52

I think the worry is being bumped which would put your recovery back quite some time.

If you work with pupils then I would have time off. If you work in an office, then you could be safer to go.

Get better soon!

threepiecesuite Sat 16-Mar-13 20:50:33

I'm a teacher and I broke my wrist recently and had it in a plaster cast.
I was signed off by the GP for 2.5 weeks, and in the first week, it was very painful and I was a bit woozy from the painkillers so couldn't go to work.
I got signed back on after 12 days as the pain subsided, I could manage well and it was just more of a nuisance than anything.

landofsoapandglory Sat 16-Mar-13 20:55:26

I'm not sure. DS2 dislocated and broke his shoulder 3 weeks ago. He had the next day off school because he had to go back to the hospital. He has been at school, with his arm in a sling taking Paracetomol and codiene.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now