Just wondering the legalities of this.

(5 Posts)
Oodsigma Thu 14-Mar-13 18:18:03

Yes he's got another job ( was running 4 alongside each other including this one) but still needs a p45 from them which isn't forthcoming !

hermioneweasley Thu 14-Mar-13 18:06:07

Oodsigma - in that case hopefully your DH is happy to walk away and can find someone who treats him better!

Oodsigma Thu 14-Mar-13 07:35:09

Thanks that's what I thought. Wasn't too bothered until we saw the ad ( feel for the other bloke) but they were really crap to work for!

hermioneweasley Wed 13-Mar-13 20:10:41

It sounds to me like there was a termination of employment back in October so there is probably little you can do now. You might be able to argue a temporary cessation in employment and only just realised that he was not going back, bt I think it will be difficult.

Oodsigma Wed 13-Mar-13 08:47:58

Dh worked in a job from April 2011 advertised at 15 hours a week (although this was slightly more in the summer and less in the winter it averaged out) until October 2012 when he got an email the night before he was due in asking him to stand down for the winter ( we half expected this as the previous year he had had limited work) and they'd be in touch when they had work for him again. They were a bit unreliable to deal with and dh wasn't confident they'd be in touch but went with it.

Last week I saw the job advertised combined with another job. Dh assumed that the other man (P) had now left too. By coincidence dh bumped into P on Sunday and he hasn't left and wasn't aware that his/dh job was being advertised ( they won't need two of either post).

Dh is now chasing for a P45 as he obviously isn't going back and wasn't expecting anything else from them but I was interested in what should happen ( and for the other bloke who has been there about a year longer)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now