Sick pay and pregnancy illness

(4 Posts)
PeppaPigStinks Mon 11-Mar-13 17:04:14

Hi
Can anyone help me please?

Before Christmas I was admitted to hospital with HG for a few days to have a drip. My boss was fab - told me he didn't want to see me until after Christmas so I ended up with a much needed 4 weeks off.

Our company policy is 4 weeks full pay and then stat Sick pay.

I'm now 23 weeks and have Spd/pho again. Was signed off at 32 weeks with dd. however this time I am in agony now. Have done half a day and can barely walk.

If I have more time off- will I only get stat sick pay or is it different because I am pregnant?

Can anyone help me see the wood for the trees? I am in agony but cannot afford not to work and only get stat sick pay.

PeppaPigStinks Mon 11-Mar-13 17:04:47

PGP not pho!!

flowery Mon 11-Mar-13 17:12:59

You don't get more sick pay than your colleagues because you are pregnant, no. You can't be penalised, but you don't get extra.

You may find your boss takes pity on you and pays you anyway, otherwise do you have any holiday to take? You can start maternity leave at 29 weeks if you want to, so your holiday entitlement for your year maternity leave will cover most of that.

PeppaPigStinks Tue 12-Mar-13 19:55:03

Thank you flowry- fair point grin. I just wondered because I know preg sickness can't be used against you but I wasn't sure if the same applied to sick pay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now