Competency-based interviews

(27 Posts)
Kernowgal Fri 08-Mar-13 15:24:27

Just had an absolute shocker of an interview this morning. Never had a 'competency-based' interview before and it's left me reeling and feeling the opposite of competent. I did lots of prep for it as per their instructions (think of specific examples for the various points in the job spec) and they seemed to go totally leftfield, leaving me sat there feeling like a total idiot. I managed to scrape through on a few answers but overall felt like it was a disaster.

I could do with help on two fronts: one, dealing with this type of interview, and two, dealing with interviews in general. I seem to clam up and I can't think of anything at all. Even when they give me a bit of time to think it still doesn't help, I just go into panic mode. I definitely do better in unstructured interviews where it's more of a chat, I find them much more relaxing and consequently I perform better. This morning was awful and a real knock to my confidence, as I was perfectly capable of doing the job but they'll never know that from my woeful performance.

Kernowgal Fri 15-Mar-13 22:32:35

I was, but not any longer due to total lack of jobs sad

Bleddy marvellous place. I was up round St Awful area, dad's originally from Redruth/Camborne way (for his sins). I love Falmouth, spent many a happy summer's day down on Gyllyngvase smile

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Fri 15-Mar-13 23:37:25

Was on Gylly today. It was Wet.

Sorry, I think I got the last good job in Cornwall. It's tough going down here, but a great place to live.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now