Constructive Dismissal and Exit Interview

(4 Posts)
josparkle Mon 04-Mar-13 13:50:15

Due to various actions of my employer causing a total breakdown of my trust and confidence in them as an employer I resigned a few weeks ago. I was asked to come in for an exit interview but at the moment I'm considering seeking legal advice due to possible constuctive dismissal.

So I'm wondering, do I go to the exit interview? Is there anything for me to gain from an exit interview? It would only be with my line manager.

Any views/thoughts greatly appreciated.

flowery Mon 04-Mar-13 15:15:56

If there is a possible constructive dismissal claim on the horizon it may be that your employer is trying to demonstrate that they are making reasonable effort to resolve your concerns.

Presumably you've already raised an internal grievance though? Was it not upheld or did you feel the action they took as a result was not adequate?

Greydog Mon 04-Mar-13 15:19:27

You must raise a grievance about your boss through their internal systems. Speak to a local union rep - their advice would be invaluable. If, however, like so many workplaces there is no union have a look at https://www.gov.uk/dismissal/unfair-and-constructive-dismissal

GW297 Wed 06-Mar-13 18:45:27

Seek advice from an employment lawyer beforehand? Constructive dismissal definitely worth considering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now