Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

Problems at work since telling them I am pregnant

(4 Posts)
Columbo32 Fri 01-Mar-13 19:29:59

Hi I started at my job in Septmber 2012 and told my Employer last week I am pregnant, due in August. They decided to have a meeting with me this week:
Several issues were raised
1.) They have decided my hours of work are inconvenient to them and want me to work later (I have a son of school age which is why the original hours of work were discussed)
2.) Have reduced my holiday entitlement (have the original in an email in writing)
3.)Want proof of pregnancy now
4.)Want me to fill in a time sheet every half an hour
I was under the impression it was a informal meeting about work in general but it seems this was not the case as the two people in the meeting were taking notes!
Everything was fine until this week and seems a bit strange that this has all come up now?!!!
Can anyone help or advise please???

Ellypoo Fri 01-Mar-13 19:39:02

Is it coming to the end of your probationary period? That could explain the mtg.

Don't think they can just reduce your annual leave entitlement or change your working hours just like that though.

In terms of timesheets, do others have to do them too? All our staff have to complete timesheets to 15 minutes.

Ellypoo Fri 01-Mar-13 19:42:47

Oh, and you can't give them proof of pregnancy yet - they will just have to take your word for it until you get your MATB1 between 20-24 weeks - legally you don't have to tell them until then and I don't think they can request it sooner. They might need proof of your ante-natal appts though, in which case you could ask your MW to give you an appt card or write it in the back of your notes.

Columbo32 Fri 01-Mar-13 19:48:12

My probationary period was til December so quite a while ago. No one else has to do time sheets! I have stated that don't get MATB1 until later but they have now requested in an email. I also have not taken anytime off yet for antenatal appointments as took them as holiday.
Before I reply to the email I received thought would be best to look into it a bit further!
Thanks for th reply!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now