DLA, carers allowance an employment

(3 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Tue 26-Feb-13 22:38:42

If I were to be awarded middle rate or more of DLA, but continued to work, can my Dh claim carers allowance for caring for me if he meets the criteria of csribg for me for 35 hrs + etc?

PavlovtheCat Wed 27-Feb-13 19:00:05

bumping for anyone in the know?!

zebrafinch Sun 03-Mar-13 23:24:31

I would say yes he can as long as he was caring for you 35 hours a week and not earning more than £100. For example he could be caring for you helping you to shower in the morning, take your medicines, get dressed etc etc and do this in the evening too and do other caring activities for you as long as it takes 35 hours a week. My son goes to school leaves home 0800 and returns 1600 I have claimed carers allowance for him. It really depends on the facts, exactly what he is doing and how many hours caring eaCh week. If you use a lot of medical equipment getting this ready before using it and getting organised after you have left the house will also count. Maybe you should keep a diary for a while to see exactly how much time he is spending caring for you. .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now