Verbal reasoning & math test for Interview

(4 Posts)
hermioneweasley Fri 15-Feb-13 21:35:03

Getting them right will be most important, getting lots right would be even better, but doing lots and getting them all wrong won't help.

CeciC Fri 15-Feb-13 21:31:43

thanks very much for the advice. yes I will do as you mention, but unfortunately I won't be able to go back to the ones I haven't answered.
I have to answer something before i can go to the next question.

Depending on where you're interviewing for, these tests are often designed in such a way that for most candidates won't get to the end of them, and that's ok.

my advise would be to scan through the questions (not the text) first - then you know what you're looking for. Look for key words.

Scan the text reasonably quickly, answering the ones you can answer quickly, skipping the ones you can't. when you reach the end move back and read the ones you skipped a little more in depth to answer them

any that you feel you're wasting time on, skip and move
on

when time's nearly up, put 'can't be sure' for any you still have not answered

good luck smile

CeciC Fri 15-Feb-13 08:56:23

I have a phone interview for a new job next week. But prior to my interview, I have to "sit" two computer test, Verbal Reasoning and Maths. Now I did a practice test yesterday, and the time allowed to answer is not very long. I had to answer 30 questions in 19 minutes. The questions were a 4 or 5 line paragraphs, and then a question to answer True/False/Can't say.
My question is, what would you think is better, to answer all the questions even though there is not enough time, or to take the time to answer and then probably all correct (hopefully) but not all of them answered.
I think the latter is better, but I might be completely incorrect.
TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now