Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

Advice needed re tax

(5 Posts)
Mockingcurl Sun 27-Jan-13 19:32:47

Brilliant. Thank you. I will look forward to speaking to them on a Monday morning. hmm

HollaAtMeBaby Sun 27-Jan-13 19:28:48

In that case it might be a mistake - someone with a similar name to you or someone else's National Insurance number registered incorrectly as yours. You'll need to phone HMRC tomorrow and ask who this second employer is.

Mockingcurl Sun 27-Jan-13 19:05:32

No. I was employed by the council, was on sick leave and claimed ESA as advised by HR. no idea what is going on.

HollaAtMeBaby Sun 27-Jan-13 17:02:11

Did you have 2 different employers between April 2011 and April 2012?

Mockingcurl Sun 27-Jan-13 15:32:48

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this.

I have just been sent a letter from The tax office saying that I have been overpaid, and I owe them £500. This is for the tax year 2011to 2012.
During this time I was employed by the county council, but on sick leave. I received full pay for 4 months and half pay for 6 months. I also received sick pay and then ESA Benefit.
The letter from the tax office says that 2 employers have claimed PAYE fit me. Hence the overpayment.
Does this mean anything to anyone? Any advice? All offers of help gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now