Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

Hospital appointments

(2 Posts)
nextphase Thu 24-Jan-13 20:41:50

I don't know if you have to tell her, but it makes life easier if you know what might be going on (maybe I'm just a nosey boss!).
Can you say something to keep her quiet, without saying exactly whats going on?

e.g. when I had an ectopic pregnancy removed, the sick note just said surgery.

happychick2010 Thu 24-Jan-13 20:10:18

Hi I've recently been having a few medical problems and have had a few doctor/hospital appointments during working hours. My manager has been fine about it and give me time off to go. I have another appointment on Thursday which will require some time off work. I asked my manager if I could start later on Thursday which she was fine about.

I have not told my manager the nature of my illness but I feel it will only be a matter of time before she asks. The thing is I don't want to tell her what's wrong, I'm worried that she will tell other staff as she is quite friendly outside work with a few staff and I'm worried she will get drunk and tell them.

Do I have to tell her what's going on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now