Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

Job description changes

(4 Posts)
BoyMeetsWorld Thu 24-Jan-13 17:26:02

Can your job description be dramatically altered (not added to, tasks removed) through no fault of your own, so that it becomes very different to the role you originally applied for / accepted?

Asking for a friend and had no idea what the course of action (if any!) was with this...

SoldeInvierno Fri 25-Jan-13 19:24:11

Bumping for you. I would be very interested in the answer as I am facing a very similar situation.

Rowgtfc72 Fri 25-Jan-13 19:29:45

Dh in the middle of having his hours changed. Your company can not drastically change your contract without your consent. And they have to give you a notice period to do this.

SoldeInvierno Fri 25-Jan-13 19:43:17

in my case, it is not a change in hours, but rather a change of role. Basically, I used to manage a team, but the team's work is now being move overseas. They want me to stay in a different role, which is slightly related, but not managing people. I like managing people, so I am not happy about this, but I am not sure where I stand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now