Want to give up nursing

(4 Posts)

I've worked as a nurse in child & adolescent mental health for the last 7 years & qualified as children's, mental health nurse & health visitor. I have a fairly decent job & work 22 hours but I am so fed up!
My job is stressful & I just want a job that's a bit more stress free. I have a teenage dd & toddler ds so life feels stressful enough.
Has anyone out there quit nursing & really glad they did.
I'm not really sure at 34 what else I can do.
Would lie my own business but not sure at the moment that this could be possible.

BlackandGold Wed 23-Jan-13 19:02:05

I quit nursing many years ago, having been a Ward Sister and then a District Nurse

I now work in the disabled students section of a university but before this I did clinical pharmacology work in Stage 1 Clinical Trials.

Have you thought about doing Mentoring work with local students? Or do you have something in mind to start your own business?

Thanks blackandgold how would you get into mentoring? Sounds like something worth looking into. I love the idea of having my own shop selling pottery, crafts, cards, gifts & the like. It's just an idea & not sure if it would ever be possible unless I won the lotto! smile

BlackandGold Wed 23-Jan-13 22:34:39

I think the Mentoring might have links to counselling so it would be worth checking out that sort of area.

Maybe a chat with a local mental health charity would be a good starting place or a Disability Officer at a local university - all universities have them.

One thing can lead to another so best of luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now