Can anyone advise on good HR training?

(5 Posts)
BoBoo Fri 18-Jan-13 22:01:47

I work for a pretty small company (less than 50 employees) and have, in part, a HR function. It's just part of the job but a part that I enjoy, although I haven't had any previous experience in this area other than line management. My employers are keen on employees training in areas of interest and I was thinking this might be something I would like to pursue, but no ideas where to start. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd probably like something to show for it at the end, so something formal I could put on my CV rather than workshops etc. Grateful for any advice.

Fairlygrounded Sat 19-Jan-13 16:59:42

Hi I work in HR. The professional HR body is the CIPD - check out their website for qualifications that would be accredited. Most HR professionals get their CIPD qualification and it is a pre-requisite for most HR jobs. It's hard work studying while working but I found it so interesting. Good luck!

BoBoo Sat 19-Jan-13 21:15:53

Thanks, Fairly. I work part-time at the moment and there's the possibility of a little study leave. I don't have much of a social life now I have the ankle biters so was hoping I might be able to do distance learning, or a combination. Have requested a brochure. Thanks again.

Miller1977 Sat 19-Jan-13 21:29:31

Yes CIPD is definitely the route to take. Most organisations with ask for this when looking to employ for a HR position.

LifeHope11 Wed 23-Jan-13 13:03:28

Hallo BoBoo

Here is the link for CIPD accredited courses in your area...may be helpful:

http://www.cipd.co.uk/qualifications/where-qualified

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now