Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

To leave a good job and apply for a job that may not be good for my career in the long term

(5 Posts)
drmummmsy Fri 18-Jan-13 22:52:25

been in this situation, money isn't everything, convenience/quality of life is often more important. on the other hand, worked long hours for lots of money to advance my career - not sure what effect this has had on the child...hmmm

What did you decide to do? Just curious. I am also having work dilemahs!

helpineedajob Sun 13-Jan-13 21:22:22

Short term job b but i may worry about the long term prospects ........

I have emailed my old boss, to see if he wants to meet with me

Fingers crossed

ClareMarriott Sun 13-Jan-13 17:06:26

What would make you happy ?

helpineedajob Sun 13-Jan-13 16:06:23

Long story short

I started a new job at the end of October, im no longer happy there and i dont think they are keen on me either. They have told me they are thinking of extending my probation period, which now i think would be good as i want to leave and during probation i only need to give one weeks notice but after that i would need to give 3 month.

However it is a good job which would give me good experiance. It is a firm with a good reputaion.

I did some temping work a while ago and am thinking of approaching them for work but the work would be bog standard stuff so i wouldnt gain experiance and its a small firm without a good reputation. so not goo long term. But I think they may be flexable with hours and even possibly term time hours.

What to do?

Sorry if i havent worded this well 2 DC jumping on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now