Help me make a decision

(2 Posts)

do it, sounds like the ideal way to get your foot in the door!
Good luck

CrazyDaizy Thu 13-Dec-12 12:13:36

I currently work 16 hours a week over 3 days, same days and hours every week. I like the routine. I like to know where I am and what I'm doing.

However, I also volunteer in a Charity Shop, which I've been doing for 6 years. Again, a few hours on a set day every week.

Now a position has come up within the Charity I volunteer for, for an Assistant Manager to cover some of their shops (I was under the impression it was just one shop, but it's whatever shop needs me) This is set at 15 hours a week. No set days, no set shop. But my ultimate goal is to be a Manager in the Shop I volunteer in, so I will have my "foot in the door" ready for when a role comes up.

Over the years, I've not pursued this line of work due to the days not being the same (though they are more predictable with a Shop Manager's role, apart from covering holidays or sickness) My main reason is because of the kids needing me at home. But they are at Uni and College now so can look after themselves.

The pay is slightly more than I am getting at the moment, but in the end it's still "only" about £3 more.

I would be unable to keep my existing job, because of the unpredictable hours of the new job. But I will have the potential for more eventually.

I have not been offered it yet, but decisions... decisions.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now