Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career ×

How long between closing date and call for interviews?

(6 Posts)

I applied for a job which closed applications on the 6th and said interviews would be on the 18th. It's the 12th and I haven't heard anything. What's the latest I can reasonably expect to hear back? Am torturing myself constantly checking my emails sad don't want to contact them in case I annoy them or they haven't finished shortlisting...!

I wish not even getting an interview didn't upset me so much.

cazinge Wed 12-Dec-12 21:55:56

I applied for a job that closed on 19th October, got a call on 5th November for interview on 12th. So about a week (or just under) is normal. We have called people on a Thursday/Friday for interview on a Monday/Tuesday. You could always call & ask as it makes you look keen.

Btw, it then took until 22nd November to get an offer! I start on 2nd January.*stealth boast alert* grin

Keep the faith (& fingers crossed)

redskyatnight Thu 13-Dec-12 12:11:44

I've had interviews at less than a week's notice. I think with a job like that where there's a tight turnaround between close of applications and interview date you can expect to be told at only a couple of days notice. Especially as they've told you the interview date up front, so they know you should be keeping it free. I'd maybe ring first thing on Monday morning if you've not heard by then. Also, check to see (probably you've already done this!) if the job advert said anything about when you would hear.

VerlaineChasedRimbauds Thu 13-Dec-12 12:14:04

My dd had given up on a job interview from an application closing date from 2 weeks previously. She was given just 18 hours notice of an interview.

They weren't very organised...

Thanks all. They e-mailed this morning and I wasn't shortlisted.

pippop1 Fri 14-Dec-12 18:40:52

I would also (though not sadly for you (OP)say check your junk email file.

DS1 nearly missed something as it went into junk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now