job app and tactics advice please

(5 Posts)
dottt Sat 17-Nov-12 03:00:47

Job market grim here too Thanks

DevaDiva Fri 16-Nov-12 22:19:43

Email back saying you've seen the job advertised and you think you would be suitable because you have the skills required in particular x,y,z. follow this up with a phone call a couple of days later. Better still just call them, good luck the job hunt market us tough at the mo is for me anyway grin

dottt Fri 16-Nov-12 15:14:16

The ad came out the day I got the email.

It was a spec app for a spec role this is different. I just don't want to make a fool of myself if its a 'no' all round.

Thanks for replying :-)

redskyatnight Fri 16-Nov-12 12:41:03

Did you apply for a specific job or was it just a speculative app? Either way, any "we have nothing suitable" sort of answer is only relevant for the time it was sent. If they've subsequently advertised a new position and you think you meet the job specification, it's perfectly ok to apply for it - via whatever the expected route is.

dottt Fri 16-Nov-12 10:36:07

I applied for a job at a large commercial firm, they turned me down I don't have the right background to do what I do with them. But, they are advertising for an admin support role and I would like to apply for that. What is the correct etiquette here?, email back the MD who has just emailed me saying they don't have a vacancy that is suitable or go via the job ad?

I really like the firm and think a back office role would be perfect environment to skill up in....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now