Career break?

(4 Posts)
Solo Sun 07-Oct-12 13:28:24

* maternity

Solo Sun 07-Oct-12 13:27:44

Ask them? I took a 5 year career break after a years materning and whilst they've still been my employer, I couldn't have returned to work for the odd day or week. Different job type though; mine is public sector.

Rockchick1984 Sun 07-Oct-12 13:23:46

When you say career break, do you mean you want to remain employed by them with a specific date of return to work eg 6 months? If so, companies I have worked for have always held the policy that any earnings in the UK would not be allowed during a career break, so no you wouldn't be allowed to do this.

Jellybellyrbest Sun 07-Oct-12 08:16:21

Anyone know if I can take a career break, but still work on a consultancy basis for my employer occasionally? I'm on ML (statutory only). They've asked me to chance my contract by taking a drop in salary & hours. Untenable unfortunately due to childcare costs; it just may not be worth my while. So I'm considering asking for a CB but want to keep my Nursing Registration active...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now