Career break?

(4 Posts)
Jellybellyrbest Sun 07-Oct-12 08:16:21

Anyone know if I can take a career break, but still work on a consultancy basis for my employer occasionally? I'm on ML (statutory only). They've asked me to chance my contract by taking a drop in salary & hours. Untenable unfortunately due to childcare costs; it just may not be worth my while. So I'm considering asking for a CB but want to keep my Nursing Registration active...

Rockchick1984 Sun 07-Oct-12 13:23:46

When you say career break, do you mean you want to remain employed by them with a specific date of return to work eg 6 months? If so, companies I have worked for have always held the policy that any earnings in the UK would not be allowed during a career break, so no you wouldn't be allowed to do this.

Solo Sun 07-Oct-12 13:27:44

Ask them? I took a 5 year career break after a years materning and whilst they've still been my employer, I couldn't have returned to work for the odd day or week. Different job type though; mine is public sector.

Solo Sun 07-Oct-12 13:28:24

* maternity

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now