Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Aisling81 Tue 10-Dec-13 22:02:31

I got Hammersith and Fulham - got an email @ 17:30 tonight! Did u? I have to hand in my notice in my job tomorrow but I've no details of the job/course!!! Don't even know what Uni I got!

Moroney Wed 11-Dec-13 15:38:16

Excellent! H&F - Me too! I want to request LSBU. So exciting smilex

Romi88 Wed 11-Dec-13 16:02:42

Hi All

just to let you know i got a response from London deanery…Been offered a place still can't believe it. smile

young12 Thu 12-Dec-13 10:36:27

@ Zek how far with the clearing. have you heard anything from LD. did you manage to get a place

wecantry202 Fri 13-Dec-13 10:09:14

Just to thank you for beginning a thread which has been very important to me. Many thanks to all who have contributed here. The information here is very valuable. During my application this thread assisted me all the way from Application Form to Interview stage and now to Uni. It was really like we are all in one room carrying out this very valuable discussion. Thanx guys. I wish you all the best in your careers.

wecantry202 Fri 13-Dec-13 10:36:00

Got H&R going to LSBU. Looking forward

Zek99 Fri 13-Dec-13 13:11:27

Hey @young!
I have a place with NELFT and at south bank uni.... However not heard anything from the uni as yet!!!

54321aoc Tue 17-Dec-13 15:10:24

Hi, thanks for all the really useful info. I got a place with Hammersmith and Fulham, but don't know which university - Has anyone heard from uni's yet- I need to find out when in Jan the course starts and what days so I can arrange childcare..... If anyone knows who to contact- please let me know. No reply from London Deanary yet!??

Conway123 Wed 18-Dec-13 13:40:51

Hi. I've just found this thread, I wish I'd seen it earlier. I've been offered a place at Barnet Healthcare, but yet to hear anything from the trust i.e. Start date or the uni I will attend. Has anyone else heard anything?

Milz88 Wed 18-Dec-13 18:22:58

Hi I've been reading this thread for some time but haven't posted before. I had my interview on the 27th November for the student health visitor post commencing in jan 2014 but have not heard anything yet. I've been calling london deanery but they have now closed their helpline and the message says all applicants will be contacted by Friday 13th December which has gone!!! My online status says You have completed your interview and your application is under consideration. Im so stressed out now and worrying that I must have been unsuccessful. Is anyone else still waiting? And has anyone been offered a place with Croydon, Lewisham, Wandsworth or Bromley as these were my top preferences.

CakePigeon Wed 18-Dec-13 21:29:47

milz my OH is in the same position, same choices and everything, hope it's just that the south london trusts taking their time! Please update if you hear anything, OH is pretty worried too now!

Milz88 Wed 18-Dec-13 23:16:11

CakePigeon thanks for your reply I feel slightly better now. I hope we hear by the end of this week. I will keep you updated.

biddley1 Thu 19-Dec-13 03:42:21

Have been following this thread. I applied in June 2013, passed the assessment test with flying colours in July and waited for the promised interview in September. Eventually in October, after repeated calling LD I was told that my preferred Trust Bromley was not taking on for Jan! I pointed out that clearly I would not have preferenced Bromley if I had known. I was assured that this would not disadvantage me and I would get an interview with another trust. I eventually got an interview on 27th November. We were asked to rank preferences and I was assured Bromley WAS taking on, so I put it again followed by Oxleas Guys Lewisham etc. I later got an e mail asking for preferences again, again including Bromley. Today 18/12 I got an e mail at 09.30 saying that all South London was full and would I consider Ealing or NELFT!! As I applied in June this seems very bad management. I think LD and South London have fouled up big time leaving some of us dangling. I am going to complain about the dreadful process.

CakePigeon Thu 19-Dec-13 07:46:39

Oh no biddley what an awful process this has been for you and others and all potentially for nothing sad

Tweet2000 Thu 19-Dec-13 10:04:41

Hi Cornway I have also been given Barnet but haven't heard anything since accepting the post.

Milz88 Thu 19-Dec-13 10:24:52

I still haven't heard anything yet and don't think I will hear anything now!!!

Aisling81 Thu 19-Dec-13 11:41:07

I would try contacting the trusts directly? If u can speak with someone in recruitment for health visiting student?? It call into the office where we had the interview to get some answers- they may not be answering the phone but they have to give you an update face to face!

Milz88 Thu 19-Dec-13 17:03:18

I've just received a reply from London Deanery after emailing them on Monday. It says
Thank you for your email.

Please note that the details of your application have been sent over to Croydon Health Services NHS trust earlier in the week.

The trust will now be responsible for the making any offer available to you. All offers will be made by the end of this working week.

Should you wish to contact the trust directly with regards to your offer your contacts are as follows: #

Hopefully they will get back to me by tomorrow but it still doesn't state whether I am successful or not!

Milz88 Fri 20-Dec-13 14:49:14

Ok so I have emailed Croydon NHS and this is the response I have just got.

Claudia has forwarded your details to HR, who will get in touch with you soon. Your name is on our list here, pending references CRB etc.
Best wishes
sarah

So does that mean I am successful??? These people are so confusing. They haven't even made me an offer yet so I don't know if I should hand in my notice.

Milz88 Fri 20-Dec-13 15:12:09

Ok so I called the lady at Croydon and I am on their list as successful along with 6 others. They are pending my crb and references and the university is LSBU for all 7 of us as Kings is full. She was shocked that London Deanary haven't told us that we have been successful. She said the LSBU start date is 27th Jan. So she's is now emailing HR to ask them to tell all of us that we have been successful and what to do next. She said it has been so rushed but we should have been told. I now have to hand in my notice on Monday that should give enough time for 4 weeks notice.

I still can't believe the way things have been done but so happy I got my first trust preference.

Tweet2000 Fri 20-Dec-13 17:57:18

Good for you! You now know.I have been waiting for Central London - Barnet but haven't heard anything at all even tried calling them it's so stressful the lack of information at this stage is frustrating.

Milz88 Fri 20-Dec-13 23:29:46

At 17:30 today Croydon HR emailed me with conditional offer letter providing that my references, crb etc are all fine. They have booked me an appointment on 9th jan to do I.D checks to complete CRB and to have an Occupational Health appointment too. If I didn't contact the Trust directly I wouldn't have known any of this.

tototo1 Sat 21-Dec-13 18:41:23

Well done to those who got through. I decided to type in 'has anyone heard from London Deanery' and found this thread. On Thursday evening I got the following response:

We write to inform you that the offers process for... has commenced and all current available training placements in (Insert HE Region) commencing in January 2014 have been offered at this time.

Please note that you have qualified for our reserve list. Should any training placements become available due to appointees withdrawing or failing to meet local HR checks, remaining eligible candidates will be offered a placement in interview rank order and in relation to preferences provided at interview.

We would like to thank you for application and we wish you all the very best in the future. Please contact us at the address below if you have any enquiries.

scnrecruitmentenquiries@southlondon.hee.nhs.uk.

Kind Regards,

Shared Service Recruitment Team

Not so much hope is there, wish they had just said end of! Gutted!

Zek99 Mon 23-Dec-13 10:51:30

So sorry tototo1. London deanery really need to sort this out!

Does anyone know anyone or are starting at Valentine (South London Greenwich) ? My friend has a place here but told Valentine do not pay/sponsor them to phone LD which is now closed!!!

Please help!!

Faithpoint1 Sun 05-Jan-14 11:23:31

Has anybody hard from London Deanery, for those of you who applied for South London!?

This thread is not accepting new messages.