Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Blue2109 Fri 18-Oct-13 18:17:08

Mondaybaby what sort of things did they ask u in the literacy test ? And also at the interview.

Shazmap Fri 18-Oct-13 18:24:42

Didn't get in :-(

Blue2109 Fri 18-Oct-13 18:28:32

Hi how did u get ur test papers for ur maths? And what sort of questions did the ask in the literacy test ?

Zek99 Fri 18-Oct-13 19:26:31

Shazmap sorry to hear that. Where did u apply,

sojo1985 Sat 19-Oct-13 23:58:51

Hello lovely ladies, I just wanted to know if any of you have had an interview at UWE for the HV course? Any tips would be much obliged!

Biddyshegs Mon 21-Oct-13 07:05:43

Sorry guys I haven't posted in a while. Been too busy. Anyways I called the LD. As usual, they cudnt provide me with answers and referred me to the uni instead. I called them but they are not sure as they have 2 outcomes for me from Ld. I just think that is wrong. They've offered me a place already, why worry Abt the other outcome. But hopefully I will hear from them before the end of today. Fingers crossed.

Shazmap Mon 21-Oct-13 08:39:45

It was Northampton Zek99

Mondaybaby Mon 21-Oct-13 14:12:53

Blue - The literacy was an extract from a nursing journal but I have no recollection of the topic. As for the interview, there is lots of information about that up thread.

Zek99 Tue 22-Oct-13 14:53:15

Mulberry have you heard anything yet since being placed in clearing by LD?

Mulberry06 Tue 22-Oct-13 16:09:15

@ zek99,thanks for asking.Nothing yet.Nothing yet.Have just called them and all thru could say was they are working through my new list of preferences and I should monitor my emails frequently.They could not provide a deadline..I'm tired of waiting and what's worse is,it could all result in no offer!

Mulberry06 Tue 22-Oct-13 16:12:25

Have u heard from them at all ?

Zek99 Wed 23-Oct-13 11:31:02

@mulberry same thing with me! And I emailed them as well and the reply was a joke!
Grr!! Apparently the ones that have applied now for jan.. It has all changed! Assessments and interview on same day and they will find out latest by Nov 29th. They can't even sort us out let alone the ones yet to be interviewed.

Shazmap Wed 23-Oct-13 13:16:27

Blue have you heard from Derby?

Blue2109 Wed 23-Oct-13 20:00:41

Hi Shazmap no I haven't heard anything have you applied ?

Shazmap Wed 23-Oct-13 20:45:45

Yeah I did but haven't heard yet

obi1 Mon 28-Oct-13 19:56:05

Hi people I have an interesting situation I wanted to share. 6 weeks ago I got invited to an interview for the course, was told I did very well and was verbally offered a place. I was over the moon as this was my 3rd attempt .Last week I called HR cause I hadn't heard anything from them. I was forwarded to the course co ordinator who told me that she was waiting for all the interviews to be completed and then see if I can be offered a place. Still waiting for a feedback. Has anyone been in this situation and what was the outcome.

mumoffour1965 Wed 30-Oct-13 08:10:07

Hi i have just had letter inviting me to a group assessment for the student health visitor post in derby has anyone recently attended such a session and what did it consist of , i also have to do a numeracy and literacy test at the next stage , maths is not my thing any pointers please from anyone who has sat the test recently. I will be glad of any other ideas policies , reading ect thanks in advance .

Baibi Fri 01-Nov-13 20:02:45

Hi guys, this thread is so useful. Thank you all for your contribution so far. I have an interview for HV with Bedfordshire university in couple of weeks was wondering if anyone knows what their assessment and interview process is like?

loolaa1909 Sat 02-Nov-13 14:27:31

I have just found out that I have an interview in just under 2 weeks time and have to do a presentation on "How does the Francis Report relate to the service that Health Visitors offer to children and families".
Can anyone give me any ideas, am a bit stuck as what to focus on.
I am currently on maty leave from my job as a community midwife. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me please x x

Zek99 Sat 02-Nov-13 15:22:42

Obi1 have you heard anything else yet?

obi1 Sun 03-Nov-13 19:29:35

Hi zek99. I got a call from them on Friday to say I had a place for January. To chase up my references.

Mulberry06 Sun 03-Nov-13 19:46:19

Hi Zek99,have you heard anything from LD?

Moroney Sun 03-Nov-13 22:49:31

Hi, I am still waiting in hope to hear from LD, has anyone heard from them yet?? Any recommendations on what I should expect from the assessment and interview questions??

Mulberry06 Mon 04-Nov-13 10:20:42

Finally been offered a place for January,I could cry with excitement.It's been such a long and frustrating process!

Mondaybaby Mon 04-Nov-13 14:40:39

congrats Mulberry! What a relief. Where are you going for practice?

This thread is not accepting new messages.