Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

contemporary Thu 19-Sep-13 16:14:07

@Zek99 brunel and LSB. What about you?

Zek99 Thu 19-Sep-13 16:33:21

@contemporary... Mine was kings first and lsbu second. Kings interviewed me yesterday. Which trust did u apply for?

contemporary Thu 19-Sep-13 17:17:35

Hillingdon pct and Ealing. how was your interview?

Zek99 Thu 19-Sep-13 17:25:29

@contemparory. Can you not ask for another interview with another trust??? As the Ld are now asking for 21 preferences!
Interview went well I think.

Mondaybaby Thu 19-Sep-13 20:33:23

Contemporary- oh my goodness. that is terrible. I am so shocked. I saw an advert in the Evening Standard recruiting still for more student hv so it makes sense to ask for interview with another trust. the whole recruitment process seems to be a bit out of control. I hope my interview actually happens tomorrow. I have had enough of being on tentahooks (?sp!).

Biddyshegs Thu 19-Sep-13 20:52:40

Aww contemporary, that doesn't sound exciting at all. I can imagine. My first choice was city and second choice lsbu. I was surprised on the day of my interview when I was told dey re lsbu panel. But then i didn't mind either of them. Jst try and request for another uni.
Now I'm waiting to hear y feedback. Cos now I can't do much. I really hope they Wud get back to me soon tho.
@monday baby, all d best tomorrow .
@zekk99, weldone on ur interview, pls lemme knw when thy gt back to u about ur interview. X

maiguru Thu 19-Sep-13 23:04:17

Hi there i have been invited to the interview for student health visiting interview at Plymouth. Anyone who has been there please tips and interview questions. my interview is on Wednesday next week. Thanks all

Mondaybaby Fri 20-Sep-13 13:10:34

just come out of interview. did the best I could do. it is over. now waiting to hear.

maiguru Fri 20-Sep-13 13:20:38

Mondaybaby what questions were u asked

Mondaybaby Fri 20-Sep-13 15:44:42

Hi Maiguru - Read the Frank Field report - the Foundation Years, the Marmot report (it is very long but get an idea of the main points). and the HV Implementation Plan. Read and digest the HCP. I was asked about teamwork and several scenario questions - How I would maintain equality in a diverse community if I was leading a health promotion class. And a scenario where a mother is having a problem bonding with her baby. I was so nervous that I have blanked out about the rest of the interview. They asked about clinical governance which is standard ofcourse in any interview. Oh - and why you want to be a HV at this time of change in the profession. That is the one question I wish I had answered better but it is too late now..... I am going to be DEVASTATED if I don't get a chance to do this course. I want it so badly. Aaaarrrrghhhhhhhh.
Biddy - have you heard yet?

Biddyshegs Sun 22-Sep-13 15:11:28

Mondaybaby, I'm glad ur interview is over! Now we can both wait. I felt the same way after my interview. I want it soo bad tho... Hopefully we would hear something this week! I was asked d same questions as u! Wht trust did u apply?

Mondaybaby Mon 23-Sep-13 07:00:10

Hi Biddy, thank you. It's such a relief that it is over. Yes, I hope we hear this week, maybe even today... I applied to CLCH as I want to be in Barnet for practice. You?

Biddyshegs Mon 23-Sep-13 10:35:55

I applied to City and lsbu but lsbu interviewed me. X

Biddyshegs Fri 27-Sep-13 10:35:35

Heard anything @ Mondaybaby and zek99?

Contemporary, how is it going? Gt interview yet?

Mondaybaby Fri 27-Sep-13 11:34:56

Hi, no sad . I called them on Wednesday and they said that they hoped we would hear by the end of next week confused . I just want to be put out of my misery. I want to know.
Contemporary - what is going on with you? I am so upset for you. I hope you are making progress to getting an interview sorted out.

Mumto12345 Sat 28-Sep-13 11:07:50

Hi, I am applying for a health visitor role but having a real brain block on my personal statement. I basically know what to put and what they are looking for but just cant seem to put anything on paper.
Does anyone have a personal statement that they would like to share just to give me an idea..?
It would be hugely appreciated x

Mumto12345 Sat 28-Sep-13 17:36:56

It's ok, after sitting at comp for an hour or so my brain finally began to tick again. & I was able to write my supporting info. Now been sent so just have to wait & see..!!!

This is a fantastic thread, thanks to all for the invaluable info on here. & good luck to all x

Zek99 Mon 30-Sep-13 17:15:55

@biddyshegs and @mondaybaby,..not heard anything too.... I just want to know too!!!

Biddyshegs Tue 01-Oct-13 08:40:51

@Mondaybaby! These pple take their time with everything. Every stage takes forever to know the outcome! I'm beginning to get frustrated now! I'm sure we Wud know at some point, whenever thr Would be! angry

@contemporary: don't give up! Jst fight for this till u get it sorted! I feel ur pain tho! Xx

contemporary Tue 01-Oct-13 12:02:33

@Mondaybaby
@Zek99
@Biddyshegs
Hi guys, still waiting for an update, I'm beyond frustrated.
I will be contacting LD today as I need to know what is going on.
The funny thing is they have open up the application again for a third time, just can't understand why do that if you can't sort the second lot out.

.... anyway how is it going with you guys, anyone heard anything.
ps. thanks for the encouragement much appreciated.

young12 Tue 01-Oct-13 13:21:43

@contemporary,do not lose hope, they must surely call you

Biddyshegs Tue 01-Oct-13 14:29:28

Young 12 , how is it going? Guess we re in d same stage now?

Mondaybaby Tue 01-Oct-13 18:54:46

It is all very frustrating. I would have expected to hear by now. I wonder what is holding the process up. If I haven't got a place then I want to reply so want to know. Maybe tomorrow we will get the phone call from them.

Mondaybaby Tue 01-Oct-13 19:23:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mondaybaby Tue 01-Oct-13 21:01:42

reapply, not reply!

This thread is not accepting new messages.