Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Mondaybaby Wed 11-Sep-13 21:23:49

thanks for asking Biddy. I was called yesterday afternoon too say it was being postponed to Monday. sad sad

contemporary Wed 11-Sep-13 22:52:31

@Biddyshegs, all the best with your interview on Firday.

contemporary Wed 11-Sep-13 23:01:24

@young12, thank you will join the group now

JemJar Thu 12-Sep-13 13:09:42

Anyone starting at City University London next week? need a smiley for 'very nervous'

Biddyshegs Fri 13-Sep-13 08:20:04

Thanks contemporary! I'm soo nervous! Phew.... 4hours till it will be over...

Biddyshegs Fri 13-Sep-13 15:36:11

Interview was splendid. Now to wait for s result in 2 wks. Fingers crossed

contemporary Fri 13-Sep-13 21:34:40

Biddyshegs, Well done it must be a relief to know it's over. what was it like, did you have to do a group scenario?

Mondaybaby Sat 14-Sep-13 09:53:27

Well done Biddy. I wish mine had been last week as planned. I've a stinking cold more and feel terrible so not in the mind set for an interview on Monday now. How do you feel it went? Did you feel prepared for the interview or did anything throw you?

Biddyshegs Sat 14-Sep-13 15:43:31

Interview wasn't bad . Mine was for lsbu. They asked all d questions I read but still, you can never be guaranteed how you've done until d results re out.

They asked about the readin material, I was asked to talk about any 1 of the 3, I was asked about conflict resolution, the role of health visitor, and why I wanted to join now at the time of change. How will I cope with re course.
Scenario was how would I maintain equality in health promotion class for a diverse community. And a mother doesn't have good feelings towards her children, why Wud u do. Study about clinical governance as well. How to maintain quality practice.

Biddyshegs Sat 14-Sep-13 15:45:37

Sorry to hear about ur cold. Just try and read about clinical governance, child protection, conflict resolution, ur reading material. At least understand one of them very well. I chose the implementation plan, team working and ur skills.

Zek99 Sat 14-Sep-13 20:30:54

@biddyshegs I have my interview next Wednesday!

Biddyshegs Mon 16-Sep-13 09:54:43

@zek99, all d best with it. Just prepare yourself very well. They also asked if I shadowed a health visitor or what did I do to prepare myself for the course/interview. Also what I read just to have an idea on what a day to day heath visitor job is.

contemporary Mon 16-Sep-13 14:30:23

Still haven't received an interview date yet #panicking

Mondaybaby Mon 16-Sep-13 15:51:35

Contemporary - Call them! The LD seem to be rather disorganised. I turned up at the LD this morning for my interview only to be told that it had been postponed again. I am trying to hold it together. It is on friday now.
Biddy - thank you for all the information. Have you heard yet?

Biddyshegs Mon 16-Sep-13 17:01:17

Aww, contemporary, I'll suggest u call them too. But I'm sure it Wud b tomorrow cos d last day for u to be notified is tomorrow. According to their procedure (72hours minimum prior to interview) fingers crossed....
@Mondaybaby, uw! Postponed again? That is really frustrating... I hope u didn't have to travel from far? I'm sure they can't muv it any further cos Friday is meant to be the last day. Awew and also, wht uni did u apply for? Mite have to do with the uni/trust panel also. I haven't heard anything. According to the recruitment process online, we won't knw d result of the interview until after 20th which m guessing Wud b next wk! Fingers tightly crossed that they ache now... Lol
How's ur c

Biddyshegs Mon 16-Sep-13 17:02:15

Was gon ask how is ur cold before my phone decidedto post for me.. Lol

Mondaybaby Tue 17-Sep-13 13:25:52

Biddy, I am trying to see the postponement in a positive light as it does give me more time to prepare and to be honest I don't feel prepared as none of the things I've read seems to stay in my head at the moment. I think it is nerves. My cold is still quite bad but paracetamol and ibuprofen alleviate most of the symptoms. It's sweet of you to ask!
Contemporary, have you heard yet?

Biddyshegs Tue 17-Sep-13 18:39:37

Aww! That's gud @m

Biddyshegs Tue 17-Sep-13 18:40:54

That's gud @ Mondaybaby, stay positive and u welcome anytym.
@contemporary: any news yet?

contemporary Tue 17-Sep-13 19:02:19

@Biddyshegs
@ Mondaybaby

I call LD yesterday, after several unsuccessful attempts, my call was finally answered about 4:45. I was told that they were running behind scheduled and they have now extended the interview view closing date...(new closing date?)
They guy said I would definitely hear from then today, it's now 7pm still haven't received an email..... ah getting really frustrated.

contemporary Tue 17-Sep-13 19:05:08

@Mondaybaby I know how your feeling I have been reading since saturday, still unable to remember anything relating to HV implementation plan or to anything for that matter. lol

Zek99 Wed 18-Sep-13 15:10:35

@contempary they will also be interviewing next week too!!!
Had my interview today!

contemporary Wed 18-Sep-13 21:06:21

@Zek99, just found out I've got my interview on Monday #nervous, #panicking....HELP!!!
congrats Zek99, hope it went well.

contemporary Thu 19-Sep-13 12:51:48

.....So here's the situation, I just got a phone call from LD to say that my interview has been cancelled indefinitely because the trust is unable to fund places for HV and SN. apparently they are working on other options but for now there is not much they can do. ummh not sure what's going on with this whole HV thing, doesn't leave me with much confidence now.

Zek99 Thu 19-Sep-13 13:49:28

@contemparory what is going on? Who did you apply for?

This thread is not accepting new messages.