Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Mondaybaby Wed 04-Sep-13 13:07:22

Hi everyone. I've just found this thread. I found out on Monday that I have an interview with the LD next Wednesday for the student health visitor course. I'm so so so nervous as I don't feel prepared and I want this so much. Has anyone had their interview yet? How did it go? any tips or recommendations of things to look at. I've read the suggested reading on the LD website like the Marmot Review and the Frank Field paper and the HCP and the HV implementation plan. Anything else. Aaaaaarggghh!!! I hate interviews.

contemporary Wed 04-Sep-13 21:41:16

awaiting an interview date. Good luck with your interview

Biddyshegs Thu 05-Sep-13 20:29:39

Hello contemporary, I am still waiting for my interview details too. But from the email I got to say I would be invited to interview doesn't say anything about presentation.
I wonder why it is taking so long for them to write us tho...
@young12: I sent u a reply but do not knw if u received anything? Just wondering. Have u heard anything yet?

Biddyshegs Thu 05-Sep-13 20:34:00

All the best Mondaybaby. Please do give ideas of how ur interview was. Questions and how to prepare please.

As for ur interview, I would recommend u join th FB page. It's got all he likely questions on there. That should help I prepare at least. Gud luck and pls do feed us back. X

Mondaybaby Fri 06-Sep-13 11:12:14

Thanks contemporary and biddy. Any news about your dates for interview yet?

young12 Fri 06-Sep-13 12:03:47

no interview date yet, still waiting, i have joined the fb page, hope you guys accept me

Biddyshegs Sat 07-Sep-13 07:42:58

@contemporary, nothing yet.... I hate the wait tho.
@young12 and Mondaybaby, hopefully it Wud b this new wk!

Pinkyblondeprincess Sat 07-Sep-13 11:49:30

Hiya, anyone at Greenwich or starting in Jan at Greenwich know the holiday dates in the timetable??

Biddyshegs Sat 07-Sep-13 14:29:48

Pinkyblondeprincess. Av u got a place yet? Did u apply thru londondeanery? What was the interview like if you've done yours please?

Pinkyblondeprincess Sat 07-Sep-13 15:22:08

No not yet, no I live in Kent so will be applying through nhs jobs. What about you? Just want to know about holiday dates for the year as I have a holiday booked already for next year oops x

Leah80 Sat 07-Sep-13 23:18:02

Hi just popping by to let you know we have a new forum website to go with the previously mentioned Facebook group. Please come and join us at www.Studenthv.net

Thank you

Sally1A Sun 08-Sep-13 16:46:29

Got place at Sheffield for student HV at last

Shazmap Sun 08-Sep-13 19:53:19

Hey everyone. I've been short listed for interview in Northampton and have to write a literacy and numeracy test. Anyone else interviewed in Northampton so I know what to expect and prepare. The invitation says interview but on the programme it has this lit/num assessment and a communication group activity. Will I have to attend again for interview seperately. Any info for Northampton will be appreciated. Thank you all. Been reading some posts on here and it's been helpful.

contemporary Sun 08-Sep-13 22:33:51

HI Biddyshegs, I'm still waiting to hear from them. I think it will be sometime this coming week. How are you getting on with the reading materials.

contemporary Sun 08-Sep-13 22:48:49

Hi Young12, what is the link to the fb page. I'm having trouble joining.

Biddyshegs Mon 09-Sep-13 06:59:31

@Contemporary, I'm trying my best to study dem, br I haven't really been into it until I get my interview. I work and understand well under pressure. Loool. Terrible, I knw... Lol

Zek99 Mon 09-Sep-13 13:22:46

I'm still waiting for interview london deanery too

Biddyshegs Mon 09-Sep-13 20:37:41

Awww, @zek99. Makes 4 of us! I knw set shud write us this week anyways cos interview ends 20th of sept which is next week Friday. So fingers crossed.

contemporary Mon 09-Sep-13 22:47:08

@Biddyshegs, lol no I think that's a good thing

Biddyshegs Tue 10-Sep-13 08:04:24

Loool, thanks for the hope! Lol @contemporary. Anything yet?

Biddyshegs Tue 10-Sep-13 15:55:23

I received my interview details for Friday 13th! Panick alert!!!!!

young12 Tue 10-Sep-13 19:20:14

@Contemporary the fb link is http://www.facebook.com/groups/StudentHVs/
@Biddyshegs all the best with your interview on friday
am still waiting

Biddyshegs Tue 10-Sep-13 19:51:06

Thanks a lot @young12. Don't worry soon ur interview details Wud cum. X

Aisling81 Wed 11-Sep-13 15:11:00

anyone on here apply for the London Deanery HV site?

I'm applying for the January intake..would love to know the interview format etc

I'm currently doing my personal statement...anyone know how long it should be??

Biddyshegs Wed 11-Sep-13 19:47:26

Hello Mondaybaby, how did ur interview go? Any tips for us pls?
I bet u nailed u... Next phase is to wait for outcome for u. Interview phase over!

This thread is not accepting new messages.