Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

mummyh0003 Fri 26-Apr-13 17:33:54

Kazlar-well done! I got good news too and was accepted also. I'm very chuffed. Well done to both of us not only getting in but surviving the wait to hear ha ha! Take care and might meet you on the course x x

kazlar Fri 26-Apr-13 18:22:39

Mummyh003 - that is fantastic news smile congrats, I'm on the champagne now, longest week ever! Hope to meet you on the course smile I will message you when I know what intake I'm on. Do you know how they arrange the placements? We live in Cardiff at the moment and will move closer to Bristol. Xx

mummyh0003 Fri 26-Apr-13 18:39:44

Kazlar- ha ha, I've just cracked open a bottle of wine. I don't know anything about placements. I only live 10 mins from Glenside but I'm not sure how far NBT extends around Bristol. If you don't know Bristol very well I can give you some ideas of nice places to move to x

loubellemummy Fri 26-Apr-13 19:11:12

Hi ladies, I am a student hv at derby so if I can help any of you with an interview on Monday! I was a community staff nurse with the hv before doing the course so employed within the trust! I will also be at your assessment days at the lunch times to meet and greet! Good luck to everyone!!

Leah80 Fri 26-Apr-13 19:38:05

Loubellemummy I'm at Derby assessment day on Monday, Help would be much appreciated as I've no idea what to expect. Thank you x

loubellemummy Fri 26-Apr-13 19:52:36

I think your assesment day will mainly be l

loubellemummy Fri 26-Apr-13 19:56:51

I think your assesment day will mainly be looking at how you work with others, communication. You need to really get across your desire to be a health visitor! What can you bring to the profession. Make sure you know the role and how the implementation plan will have an impact on our service. I didn't have an assesment but we had a group session and that's what they wanted from that. Make sure you are confident. I think they will include stuff on the core care standards that you had your questionnaire on so just make your self familiar with those! You can access them here http://www.corecarestandards.co.uk/. Did you want help with one to one interview questions too? X

Leah80 Fri 26-Apr-13 20:05:17

Hi thank you, I've sent you a personal message if that's ok x

loubellemummy Fri 26-Apr-13 20:17:47

Yep I have replied xx

kazlar Fri 26-Apr-13 21:20:14

Mummyh0003 - I have inboxed you a message xx

BradsV Mon 29-Apr-13 11:36:56

Thanks - Multiple choice was not too bad just general HV questions about Accidental Injury, PN etc. Interview went quite well but I'm not confident! It was excellent experience though and i won't be giving up either way, applying for Bolton Uni next! Best of luck everyone who had an interview. xx

laura2013 Mon 29-Apr-13 23:51:13

Anybody got an interview for Cumbria university?

Lagoonie Tue 30-Apr-13 15:27:21

Just joined this useful thread.
went for the HV interview in Brighton, they said they,d let us know end of April. No news yet. Anyone else heard from Brighton uni?

staceyboo18 Tue 30-Apr-13 22:32:06

Has anyone been offered sponsership with southwarwickshire to start Jan? X

Nonnatus Wed 01-May-13 08:43:34

Hi has anyone studied the uni course with Wolverhampton uni - opinions would be much appreciated thanks x

Lpool123 Wed 01-May-13 11:28:10

Staceyboo18 I have been accepted for south Warwickshire jan 2014 intake! smile xx

simba2013 Wed 01-May-13 12:48:07

Hi everyone!

I am 22 years old, and coming up to the end of my degree in children's health nursing with Soton Uni, i've got an interview coming up for Cambridge and was wondering if there was any helpful tips and advice you could give??

I have also done an interview with Birmingham, and even though i did not hear back from them, i was told i' be contacted on the 7th may.... so if anyone is waiting to hear back from them... then maybe they will, just later? any tips would be really handy!!!! smile

trilbini Wed 01-May-13 15:02:45

Hi Leah80, I am no longer on the facebook group and when i copy and paste the web address in, it comes up with "the content is currently unavailable", How can i get back on it? Thanks x

Leah80 Wed 01-May-13 15:25:25

People are having trouble on another site I'm on as well and not being able to access stuff, I think it's Facebook playing up today so I'm not able to do anything, sorry, keep trying though x

staceyboo18 Wed 01-May-13 23:42:33

Hi Lpool123

Im glad I have found someone else for January 2014 lol have you recieved any paperwork/confirmation yet? I still cant believe i got on, dont think I will until i recieve the paperwork.

Xx

staceyboo18 Wed 01-May-13 23:53:26

Ps congrats and well done smile xx

Mumu1234 Thu 02-May-13 13:38:24

Hello everyone
I just joined this group and am impressed by all your messages.
I too am on maternity leave and am hoping to get on the HV course. I got two interviews one with North Somerset on the 20/5 and the other with south Devon on the 31/5. Can anyone who's attended any of these two please help with questions likely to be asked. I am a nervous wreck just now.

Lpool123 Thu 02-May-13 14:29:45

Staceyboo18, I know glad I know somebody. I'm from Liverpool going o have to move down. I haven't received any I rang and she called me back yesterday and said they're sorting all sept 2013 paperwork out first xx

staceyboo18 Thu 02-May-13 19:53:38

Thats good to no smile are you on the Facebook group for health visiting?
Hopefully the paperwork will be done soon smile xx

honey1978 Fri 03-May-13 14:53:38

How long is the waiting period to be shortlisted for Uni of Greenwich after applying. Its over a week now and i cant stop checking my email every 2hrs, maybe i should just accept i was not among the lucky ones

This thread is not accepting new messages.