Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have an employment dispute and need professional advice, please contact your union, the Citizen's Advice Bureau or a solicitor.

Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

lou221291 Sun 07-Apr-13 22:17:09

Happylaws Thank you so much i was very suprised that i got an interview really! its on the role of the health visitor i think this is the general thing as i have an interview for central manchester and its on the same topic. Have you also applied to JMU? if so what is this for?

happylaws Sun 07-Apr-13 22:32:36

Lou221291 I only applied to LCH not directly through to JMU. Its been a massive disaster for me really sad Just hope I get a chance for interview next year. Have you joined the facebook group? we've added all kinds to it already its great smile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudentHVs/

Leah80 Sun 07-Apr-13 22:41:12

Yes come on over and join the group, all welcome and I've added a link to this thread onto the Facebook board as well x

gemmum Mon 08-Apr-13 01:56:34

Hi, I've enjoyed reading all your very useful advice. i applied to Manchester and Chester, I've an interview at Manchester on 24th April but not heard anything from Chester so presuming I wasn't shortlisted. I've applied to join your Facebook group as it sounds great for ideas/support but hoping it does not appear on my wall as I've not told anyone at work, eeek

Leah80 Mon 08-Apr-13 06:21:03

gemmum don't worry it's a closed group so shouldn't appear on your wall and anyone not in the group cannot see posts so its completely safe x

Bella01372 Mon 08-Apr-13 07:42:59

Hi moochi, my interview is with central Surrey. I have already had the group assessment day.

gemmum Mon 08-Apr-13 09:30:14

Thanks Leah.

JJonesx Mon 08-Apr-13 10:12:24

Hello smile I have been asked to attend an assessment center. I dunno what to expect? ahh is it a maths/english test?? xx

rachox Mon 08-Apr-13 13:23:35

Hi all. Just wanted to say a huge thankyou to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I've been following it for months having applied for health visiting training in Bristol last year. Unfortunately I wasn't offered a place but have an interview on 15th april for the course this year. Fingers are well and truly crossed and think I'm well prepared in terms of what I've read but my nerves will no doubt get the better of me and I'll forget most of it! The thing that is worrying me most at the moment is talking about examples of innovative practice. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Good luck everyone.

HVhopeful Mon 08-Apr-13 14:02:36

Thanks cath889. I have a few if the sample test do u will continue to practice without my calculator. Thanks. Xx

Pommymumof3 Mon 08-Apr-13 22:13:30

Hi everyone, what a fantastic thread! I'm currently a community midwife but have an interview for the student HV course next week. I haven't been asked to write an essay or prepare a presentation so hoping they don't have something equally as nasty up their sleeves smile

Leah80 Tue 09-Apr-13 07:01:46

Pommymumof3 where is your interview? Good luck x

thereds Tue 09-Apr-13 11:50:25

Just to let everyone know who is waiting to here from Knowsley I contacted LJMU today and they have finished short listing, emails are going out today and tomorrow........I was successful, interviews 24,25,26 April. Hope this helps x

Leah80 Tue 09-Apr-13 12:16:37

I wish Derby and Nottm would hurry up with their shortlisting, I'm so impatient. Has anyone else heard? X

juneybean Tue 09-Apr-13 12:19:16

I've just sent my friend a link to your group as she has been accepted for September at Bedfordshire.

Rainbow24 Tue 09-Apr-13 12:25:36

Hey! this thread is great! smile i was just wondering if anyone has interveiw at birmingham, and what perperation you have done... iv read about the call to action as one of my friends said thats really important and the health child programme, theres so much more i feel like i need to read up on Im so nervous about it! eeeek!

AutumnDaisy Tue 09-Apr-13 16:07:04

Hi thereds, well done! Thanks for the info. I'm still waiting to hear! Keeping my fingers crossed for good news. Is it just an interview or do you have to do a presentation or anything? I'm nervous now! x

Smartypants123 Tue 09-Apr-13 16:32:27

Hi Leah, not heard anything yet from Derby either. I also wish they would hurry up!

Dipsydean Tue 09-Apr-13 17:41:27

Hi has anybody applied to and heard from Somerset or Devon trusts yet? I'm still waiting to hear if I've been shortlisted. I've an interview for southampton tomorrow but not looking forward to it at all. I'm so nervous and apprehensive about the group discussion as I have no idea what to expect. Good luck to everyone awaiting shortlisting and prepping for interviews. This thread has been a great help! X

nervouslywating Tue 09-Apr-13 18:12:45

Hi all I will be requesting to join your fb group. I still haven't heard when my numeracy test is - am worried sick that I will flunk it after getting a place on the course - which would be awful!!!!

Littlebitwoo Tue 09-Apr-13 18:17:51

Hello all I've been watching this thread and its really helpful. Currently waiting to hear from Nottingham and Stafford...fingers crossed. Does anyone know when they send out interview invites?

Lou4148 Tue 09-Apr-13 19:02:00

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone out there has an interview with Worcester or Hereford? Worcester is on Friday and Hereford on Tuesday next week. Hereford is ALL day.....😳 With a group discussion to develop a presentation on The search for Health Needs in relation to Health Visitor Practice.
Anyone got any ideas? Would be really grateful.
It says that you will need to bring evidence with you to the interview... I assume that means the research you have done on the subject?
Wondering whether I should prepare a presentation in advance?
Sooooooo nervous, surprised I got two interviews but there's only 5 places going in Hereford and I've only just completed my return to practice course.
Anyhow, fingers crossed and good luck to everyone going for interviews!

mumalike Tue 09-Apr-13 21:20:58

Hello girls, really need your help regards HV training. I have ipplied last year and did not attend interview as I have decided to speend sometime in Brazil. When I returned in January, I reaplied and did not attended the assessment. Yesterday, I have received any email, givin me a new date for an assessment. I think I am going to take the chance to apply for HV trainning. As I am new qualified LD nurse, with an experience in the field, I am really scare of interview!!Last assessment that i did not attend was in Borough as I have applied for university in London.
I want to finally attend the assessment but I WOULD LIKE tips from your esperience on maths and English assessment and questions that they have asked during interview.
Thank you all
please help me!!!

Pinkyblondeprincess Wed 10-Apr-13 09:19:39

Got an interview friday!!! smile
Am really nervous though, what shall i prepare? Essay i had to write covered theories Monroe etc so thinking to revise HV plan, HCP, current health issues etc
Xxxx

Debs015 Wed 10-Apr-13 10:58:52

I have an interview at cccu 19th April!feeling nervous as didn't think I would hear anything!

This thread is not accepting new messages.