Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

mummyh0003 Tue 02-Apr-13 10:43:59

Hi kazlar. I too have an interview in Bristol on 15th April. I am very nervous as I really want to get on the course. I'm not sure what to expect from the group session as I am a pretty quiet person in general and hate speaking in large groups. This thread has been really helpful though x

AutumnDaisy Tue 02-Apr-13 10:55:42

Hi Lpool123 and Laura2013, back to checking our emails every 5 minutes hey... :-/ x

Rockyroad1 Tue 02-Apr-13 12:07:05

Notts county are ringing back, I've just missed a call!! Best of luck ladies xx

kazlar Tue 02-Apr-13 15:52:29

Hi mummyh0003, are you doing the morning or afternoon interview? I'm in the afternoon, I know it's hard when your in a group and the pressure when you know you are being watched! Hopefully the topics we discuss will be easy to discuss. Did you go to the open day in the Marriott hotel? I really want to do the course aswell, fingers crossed xx

Rockyroad1 Tue 02-Apr-13 16:00:09

Has anyone elsr heard good news from Notts county? Xx

Hols16 Tue 02-Apr-13 20:58:56

Hi I've got a place at notts county!! Can't quite believe it!
Shocked but so happy. Thanks to the help I've had from this thread.
Good luck to everyone else. Keep applying if u don't get in first time. :-)

Dipsydean Tue 02-Apr-13 21:27:24

Hi I've applied to Dorset also but my interview and assessment is on 10th April. Really nervous about the group assessment! Best of luck on the 9th x

happylaws Tue 02-Apr-13 22:45:04

Hey AutumnDaisy, Lpool123 and Laura2013. I found this thread last week and have been meaning to post. I had applied to LCH too but had heard nothing I rang and discovered I wasn't successful sad They actually shortlisted beginning of last week sad I hadn't heard anything so I was told to ring HR by Sharon one of the facilitators. The number is 0844 324 5298....I think its option 1 for recruitment. Have your completed application form number ready and also the vacancy number (all on NHS jobs). I had some feedback from Trish (the lead) but I'm ringing her tomorrow for official feedback. I will post once I know. Hope this has helped. Let me know how you get on!! Good Luck girls xxx

Moochi1986 Wed 03-Apr-13 12:14:37

Hey

Has anone heard from Brighton or been to an interview yet? Xx

AutumnDaisy Wed 03-Apr-13 15:18:22

Thanks a lot happylaws, sorry you didn't get on the course this time. Did you apply through the university or the trust? I've just phoned admissions at the uni and they're still shortlisting! It'll be 6 weeks on Fri since the closing date, they must've had a lot of applicants! xx

Mel100 Wed 03-Apr-13 16:25:13

Hi everyone, Is there anyone who had an interview at London Deanery or waiting for interview date?

mummyh0003 Wed 03-Apr-13 19:11:54

Hi kazlar. I am in the morning. I just wanted to get it over with so chose the first one I could. I didn't go to the open day, I didn't realise that there was one. Do you have any helpful tips or advice that they may have given you? Good luck with the interview x

Tink64 Wed 03-Apr-13 19:42:40

I found nursing calculations practice on this website : http://nursing.flinders.edu.au/students/studyaids/drugcalculations/page.php?id=1

helle1066 Wed 03-Apr-13 20:13:43

Hi Moochi1986

Just joined this thread! I had a interview at Brighton last week and was told it would be about 5 weeks before we will find out whether we have an offer. Have you heard already??

highlyfavoured Thu 04-Apr-13 00:08:12

hie guys. ive got an interview at birmingham football club on the 16 april. anyone who's had interview with them?? tips please. am really excited to have been shortlisted at the same very nervous as i really want it so badly. Also anyone applied to Derby, whos heard anything yet??

Leah80 Thu 04-Apr-13 07:37:10

I applied to Derby, not heard anything since the questionnaire on values, did you get one of those to complete? They should all have been in on the 3rd April so now just waiting to see if I get an interview. Also waiting for nottm City which would be my first choice as its closest for me but not bothered really x

highlyfavoured Thu 04-Apr-13 13:52:17

@ Leah80 I also completed that questionnaire @ derby and am nervously waiting. Stil waiting for notts city too. Hw did ur notts county go, I wasn't short listed tho?

Leah80 Thu 04-Apr-13 15:46:17

highlyfavoured looks like we are waiting to hear from both then. Thank you for asking, apparently I did very well at county but wasn't offered a place as I let myself down on two questions though, which is slightly annoying, especially as I hate presentations and they said that it was very good and detailed. Fingers crossed for some other interviews as looks like I may be jobless otherwise if I don't get a place as it appears my work are replacing me before I've even been offered a place!! x

Rockyroad1 Thu 04-Apr-13 17:40:29

Goodness Leah80 that's harsh. Can they actually do that? Xx

Leah80 Thu 04-Apr-13 18:26:24

Yes hun coz I'm only on a bank contract but usually work set days. Already lost my Friday and looks like possibly my Monday will be going too. Would have been nice to have been consulted though as I may have been able to up my hours if they were really that short staffed but no one has even explained that that's the case. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if I don't get a place as its not easy to find other jobs which are flexibly when you have 3 kids and a hubby on shifts. Looks like we will have to cut back until I can get a place x

Smartypants123 Thu 04-Apr-13 22:15:13

I have also applied to Derby and completed the questionnaire not heard anything yet or from Staffordshire. Wish they would get a move on and let us know. The waiting is awful.

lancsy Thu 04-Apr-13 23:18:33

Anyone heard from surrey yet who went to the interview???xx

Moochi1986 Fri 05-Apr-13 13:35:11

Hi Lancsy When was your interview? I was interviewed late march and got told I would hear after Easter!! I have another friend waiting to hear from surrey to.

Helle1066 I applied to both Brighton and surrey but one interview! So I didn't need to re interview. How did you find the interview? Xxxx

Lpool123 Fri 05-Apr-13 18:55:00

Still waiting to hear from Ljmu, they are still short listing can't believe it! Xx

Bella01372 Fri 05-Apr-13 19:03:47

Hi moochi and lancsy, my interview is in 2 weeks time for surrey. Have you both interviewed and waiting to hear?

This thread is not accepting new messages.