Student Health Visitor Interview!!

(1000 Posts)
chewie29 Mon 16-Apr-12 14:56:16

Hi all.
I am currently a staff nurse on maternity leave and I have been very lucky, I have managed to get an interview for a Student Health Visitor Post tomorrow. Has anyone any advice they can give me for the actual interview? I am stressing as it is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I have send by little man over to his nans this afternoon so I can concentrate, I have just been getting more stressed as the day goes on. I have been preparing for the interview for some time but I'm worried my nerves will ruin it for me! Any advice or tips would be great. Thank you.

Pinkyblondeprincess Thu 28-Mar-13 07:20:19

Cath889- yes near enough finished essay! Taken me countless hours and days!!
Well done on passing lit and numeracy!
Think i will need to invest in some 'kalms' if i get an interview as my stomach is doing flips just thinking of the interview!!! Xx

Leah80 Thu 28-Mar-13 07:40:24

Hi thanks for all the advice from this thread but nerves got the better of me yesterday and I'm not very hopeful about gaining a place, I know my stuff but just went blank and I wasn't expecting the questions they asked. Now have a waiting game till next week to find out the decision. Really annoyed with myself but nothing I can do now. Fingers crossed for some more interviews at the other places I applied to x

JJonesx Thu 28-Mar-13 08:54:08

Hey all.. what a brilliant thread, so useful! I am a third year student nurse who has just applied for a student health visitor position! I have been lucky and I have got an interview! Although I am so nervous - I haven't had many interviews before!!

I don't even know where to start with the preparation for the interview! How many questions do they ask you? I am thinking about doing flash cards as a way of revising my answers to make sure their spot on however nerves will get the better of me I am sure..

Good luck to all of you smile x

Clareh37 Thu 28-Mar-13 11:25:35

Hi, I'm currently in my 3rd year mental health nursing. I've been sort listed for the hv post, and have an interview in 2 weeks am so nervous regarding the maths!! Any advice would be appreciated.... Not sure what to expect I'm quite surprised the interview is all day.

lancsy Thu 28-Mar-13 13:46:55

Hey everyone, this is a great thread indeed! To anyone that has been through the application process... was there a long wait after you were offered the post from the Trust until you had further information/details ect?? I had a telephone offer a a couple of weeks ago and not heard anything since. I am thrilled but just a bit nervous that I have nothing on paper yet. Any thoughts??? thanks! xx

Roco76 Thu 28-Mar-13 16:03:32

Hi all. First of all thank you for the informations and support that I had from all.Great thread !!!
Thank you Hats34 for all the info !!!
Finally I got the call today and I got the offer from the trust to start HV course in January 2014 with Oxford Brooke's Uni .
Good luck everybody with all the applications and interviews !!!
Lancsy I had first the offer from the uni strait after the interview I think it was next day and today I had the call and the email from the trust .I had my interview beginning of march .I think if they call you already you should not be worried , sometime it takes a while till they send the emails out .Anyway good luck !!!

lateSeptember1964 Thu 28-Mar-13 18:09:58

So glad I found this thread. I have been on the Returning to Work board as I am in the final stage of completing my Return to Practice. I have always wanted to be a Health Visitor but my nursing career and family life took me in a different direction. I am currently applying for HV training and have just done a draft of my statement so the help on here has been invaluable. Hope to get it all done and dusted this weekend with a view to hitting the send button on Monday. My main concern is that at 48 I am probably a bit to old.

Lotsofcake Thu 28-Mar-13 21:22:19

For those of you who are awaiting interviews I think the best thing is to think about 3 or 4 clinical scenarios that can be applied to questions regarding teamwork and leadership. Examples and linking practice to theory Is essential. I had my interview this week for oxford brookes and oxfordshire health trust and there was a lot of focus on leadership. The questions I was asked were fairly straightforward interview questions but they certainly grilled me on leadership. I think being able to show enthusiasm in a focused way is good idea and also believe you are the best person for the job. If you don't, no one else will. It all starts with number 1! Good luck to all. Great thread x

nervouslywating Thu 28-Mar-13 21:31:08

Lateseptember I am 45 and I've just been offered a place so I wouldn't worry about that :-) Good luck!

Pinkyblondeprincess Fri 29-Mar-13 09:14:38

Nervously waiting- congrats smile you must be chuffed!!

JJonesx Fri 29-Mar-13 09:49:35

Anyone had an interview for Birmingham community?? Xx

kasffe Fri 29-Mar-13 12:00:03

Hi all!

Great link. I have applied for Birmingham and found out u have a interview on the 16th April, they said its 9-5! Has anyone had a interview in Birmingham? Not quite sure what to expect with it being a whole day!

kasffe Fri 29-Mar-13 12:01:11

I* not u! Silly predictive text blush

Clareh37 Fri 29-Mar-13 14:31:27

Hi I've got an interview in birmingham on the 15th April.
Not sure what to expect as it's all day.

kasffe Fri 29-Mar-13 18:42:09

Clareh37 is it at Birmingham football ground? They've not given much away! I'm just reading a lot of relevant policies etc. r u taking ur portfolio? Mines so out of date but I read earlier on in the thread people took there's!

Clareh37 Fri 29-Mar-13 21:20:06

Hi kasffe, yes it's at birmingham football ground. The only portfolio I've got is my student ones lol!! I've done a lot of reading as well. Have decided I'm not going to spend 2 weeks stressing I cn only do my best

HVhopeful Sat 30-Mar-13 05:16:35

Hi everyone, does anyone have an interview for Walsall soon or had on in the past? I am preparing but I am nervous and don't know what to expect.

Leah80 Sat 30-Mar-13 11:15:47

Good luck to all the ladies who had interviews at Nottm the last two weeks, hopefully we won't have to wait too long. Typical that its a bank holiday which makes the wait longer x

laura2013 Sun 31-Mar-13 22:30:59

Still not heard from liverpool community health so guessing I've not been short listed sad x

Debs015 Mon 01-Apr-13 12:18:34

I am sending my essay off to CCU tomorrow, this thread has been invaluable! Im a midwife currently so fingers cossed!

Lpool123 Mon 01-Apr-13 14:28:44

Laura2013 I haven't heard either, still time xx

nervouslywating Mon 01-Apr-13 17:11:31

Hi everyone. I was at my interview from 9 til 1 but there was a lot of hanging around. We did the group interview first, then we all sat in a room where they came to get us when it was our turn so lots of time to kill. Sounds like they will be getting it over and done with in one full day instead of bringing you back

kasffe Mon 01-Apr-13 19:01:35

Nervouslywaiting where was that? Bolton? Does sound like it as I went to a open day in Warwickshire and that's over one morning/afternoon one day then they call u back at the end of the week for the proper formal interview x

kazlar Mon 01-Apr-13 22:06:39

Hi, I've got an interview April 15th in Bristol, so nervous. It's a group session for 45 mins, then if you are successful from that you get an interview!! Don't know what to expect at the group session. Thank you everyone for all the great tips in this thread. Has anyone got any more tips for the group session? Anyone else got an interview in Bristol? Good luck to those waiting to hear. x

Pinkyblondeprincess Mon 01-Apr-13 22:30:15

Devs015- im applying to CCCU too, how have u found the essay?
Wonder how long we will wait to hear for next stage. Good luck!

This thread is not accepting new messages.