Suspension from work - part 2

(437 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Thu 12-Apr-12 17:51:15

Thanks everyone, just catching up. Not feeling too good today. A bit grim. Not feeling strong at all but emotional and very sad. Been to the doctors again and just broke down completely, he wants to sign me off but I told him that I just want to get all this over with. He has wrote me a statement whilst I was there blubbering for me to send to the Investigator to say that I am not currently well enough to complete this work. I even had the doctor crying and saying he despairs that employers are doing this. I told him I have got no confidence in the unison rep. I spoke to him this morning to ask his advice about filling in this statement when it doesn't list my computer and what should I do, he was very sharp said if I don't do as I am asked then it is going to go to a Hearing and then said he was in a meeting and just cut me off!!!

My dad has said he will get me the best lawyer there is and forget about Unison, just wondering what to do about this. Have to go back to doctors again next Thursday. He is compiling a proper medical statement for me.

I'm sorry if none of this makes sense, but I can't think straight at the moment. sad

thisisthestory Wed 27-Feb-13 11:20:40

Apple yes, you have to be found guilty, even if it is on the most trivial thing possible, like coming to work 1 second "late" or something. My last employer was the same. They have to justify their behaviour, all that suspension stuff, so therefore you must be guilty.

If you aren't guilty, then they are. Therefore you are guilty. sad

BadMissM Mon 25-Feb-13 20:08:58

I don't think I can trust an employer again after what happened to me either. Don't even think she'll (my stalker) be punished if I prove it at Tribunal....

applecrumbleandcream Sun 24-Feb-13 23:21:56

Exactly right thisis. I feel so angry over what they've done and the fact the stalker had not been punished and is still comfortable in her job where she has always been. However, thinking about it, they would not punish her as it was they who encouraged and colluded with her in the first place to continue it so how can they punish her? . It has made me completely mistrustful of people, I'm not the person I used to be. I think to save face they had to be seen to
give out some form of punishment to me.

thisisthestory Sun 24-Feb-13 22:44:01

So - you could not prove your innocence, and they could not prove your guilt. So, you had to take the rap for that hmm

All that fuss. Months off work. Stress and grief. And paying a salary when you're not at work. For what - 2 days not accounted for and really no concrete proof of your guilt.

Will the Stalker get a disciplinary for admitting she has a grudge against you? Probably not.

I used to work with shit like this, it was awful. I do feel for you. Much wine to you smile

applecrumbleandcream Sun 24-Feb-13 21:59:35

Yes they said I got the final written warning for 2 days that they said I had not accounted for. This was inaccurate as I have always informed them when I've had to take emergency leave but the woman who was my manager hadn't recorded it. I could not prove this though.

I'm not happy at work though but it's a job for the moment.

thisisthestory Sun 24-Feb-13 21:52:08

Apple - I've followed your thread from the beginning, and been horrified by the totallly disproportionate amount of disciplinary action / suspension for trivial allegations.

You got a final written warning? For what? After Ms Stalker admitted a grudge? WTAF?

But I am glad to see you are back at work. And posting on S&B about clothes! smile wine

BadMissM Sat 23-Feb-13 17:37:18

Apple, you are lucky that you had a chance to state your case at the disciplinary.... and lucky you were believed. I'm in the other case scenario....

applecrumbleandcream Sat 23-Feb-13 11:00:54

Hi I'm here. Thanks Bearcat your right, I just wanted to let the situation settle down for a while. As I said previously somebody from work (not the stalker) had seen the thread and asked if it was me. I didn't feel able to post again in case it landed me in more trouble but this person has left the Authority now and things have been resolved. Sorry to all those who think I shouldn't be posting about other subjects but ya know life goes on!

I received tons of advice and support on here that I must admit was overwhelming at times. I eventually through support of my family and my GP felt able to attend the Disciplinary Hearing. I requested the 'bully' be there to answer my questions. I couldn't believe her behaviour as she had been stalking me for over 12 months. She admitted she had a grudge against me and the Hearing Officers completely disregarded her 'evidence' totally. None of the information about being on the internet or logging on or off the computer was taken into consideration either (I don't know but was this because she admitted she had a grudge against me and that some of her recordings were not accurate she stated and were guessed). I was eventually given a Final Written Warning. I did not return to working with her despite my Manager offering to sit in the same office or offering mediation. I told them I did not want anything whatsoever to do with her, nor want her knowing anything about me or my family. I said that I want her moved. They have not done this though as we are currently in an administrative review and they say they cannot move any members of staff whilst this is proceeding as they would have the unions crawling all over them!. So I am stuck in a job in limbo with colleagues who I do not really know in a job that I don't like until the end of the review.

I know this sounds like I'm waffling on but that's the situation at the moment. I am still on the anti depressants and anti anxiety medication. I am very angry with the Local Authority that they allowed the bullying and stalking to continue and seemingly encouraged her to do it over the course of over 12 months. This added to my stress. I did go to the unions solicitor to see if I could start a case about this but it was declined.

At the moment I am just going into work, keeping my head down until the review is over (I think it may be next week) and then taking things from there.

Thanks again for the support and helpful advice !!

Bearcat Fri 22-Feb-13 18:56:04

See what Mamamary posted:

*Someone at Apple's work found the thread and she's too scared to post on it now.

The situation has not been resolved and is still ongoing.

So, bad news really. I hope Apple doesn't mind me posting this and I won't link to any other threads - she says she's really grateful for all the support on this thread and will update as soon as she can.*

Poor Apple went through a really awful time as others have done on this thread. She poured her heart out to us to give her advice.
I think we need to leave it now, she may well be in the same job and having to settle down, or maybe she's moved jobs but still can't comment as she could be taking legal action.
And why shouldn't she post on other threads?

onlymeee Fri 22-Feb-13 16:16:40

It must have been resolved one way or another as she said in another thread that she won a raffle at work.

Very strange behaviour not to come back and update people after all their time efforts and support.

BadMissM Fri 22-Feb-13 13:02:26

Don't know what's happened to Apple... personally, haven't been able to afford an employment lawyer, or any lawyer. Union backed out first day of tribunal....

Wishiwasanheiress Fri 22-Feb-13 12:52:44

Hey, not really seen all of this as very long and u plainly have lots of regular posters... However I do know a fab set of employment lawyers. Happy to recommend them if u pm me.... I had sh&te off an employer and they were very good. Just paying forwards....

Best wishes x

NewYearNewBoo Fri 22-Feb-13 12:49:47

Ooh I was thinking about this the other day after browsing the thread about threads that stay with you.

Presumably you got sorted Apple or is this with a new employer?

BadMissM Fri 22-Feb-13 12:48:09

I'm not surprised it's not resolved.... I was suspended for a year and a half, and still going through tribunal several years later.... Apple, if you're reading this, PM me!

BadMissM Fri 22-Feb-13 12:46:52

I am involved in a case very similar to Apple's, wonder if it is the same employer in fact? Mine at Tribunal currently... My ex-employers have been spying on me all over the net (crazy but true), so I'm not surprised. Have just read all of this thread, our cases are identical. Would have loved to be able to talk to her so we could swap advice...

Napsalot Wed 20-Feb-13 23:55:21

I too have wondered if this got resolved and hope OP had a good outcome.

annh Wed 20-Feb-13 10:33:50

It seems a little odd that if someone from Apple's work recognised the thread she did not have the thread pulled, and continued to post on a variety of other topics in the same user name? Presumably she doesn't mind her work colleague knowing all about her Christmas shopping and clothes buying?

onlymeee Tue 19-Feb-13 12:02:43

Pleased to hear you won a Christmas raffle at work, OP. I take it that means your problems were resolved then.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1648822-Ive-actually-only-gone-and-won-something

SweetSeraphim Wed 19-Sep-12 12:53:16

Someone at her work found the thread? How? confused

MamaMary Wed 19-Sep-12 12:35:10

Someone at Apple's work found the thread and she's too scared to post on it now.

The situation has not been resolved and is still ongoing.

So, bad news really. I hope Apple doesn't mind me posting this and I won't link to any other threads - she says she's really grateful for all the support on this thread and will update as soon as she can.

Groovee Uruguay Mon 17-Sep-12 20:34:44

Any update?

MamaMary Mon 17-Sep-12 15:52:58

I've just posted on an ankle boot thread she started asking her how the work thing panned out.

DancehallDaze Sun 16-Sep-12 22:38:49

Yeah, shopping for ankle boots without a care in the world so it seems.

GreenShadow England Fri 14-Sep-12 21:48:20

She's still posting on other threads.

hope you are ok Apple x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now