Template for letter informing boss that I'm pregnant

(3 Posts)
Kiki84 Thu 29-Jul-10 14:26:51

Does anyone have some sort of template/outline for the letter I need to give to my boss 15 weeks before my due date which confirms my pregnancy, maternity leave etc? Theres no HR dept in my company and no one else has ever taken maternity leave/pay so I think my boss is probably clueless about all of this - how do I explain the SMP etc to him?

choufleur Thu 29-Jul-10 14:28:52

Haven't got a template but I'd point them in the direction of here for details of what you are entitled to etc

Sallypuss Thu 29-Jul-10 14:30:06

Here's mine:

Dear Boss
Re: Notice of intention to take maternity leave

As previously discussed, please accept this letter as formal notice of my intention to take maternity leave. My Expected Date of Childbirth is xxxxxx. I have not as yet received my MATB1 certificate but I will forward this as soon as I receive it.

At present, I intend to start my maternity leave on day, date (my last day in the office to be (xxxxx) with my leave finishing on (date) [you don't have to provide this date] . As I will have xx days’ annual leave remaining for the 2010/11 holiday year and I will accrue an additional x days’ leave in respect of the bank holidays during my maternity leave, I would like to take this at the end of my maternity leave period which would mean that I would return to the office on Monday, xxth month 2011.

I would be grateful if you would confirm receipt of this letter.

Yours sincerely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now