Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

Carpet

(7 Posts)
jeaux90 Sat 12-Nov-16 18:20:07

Hi All,

Need to do my parents bungalow up to sell. They are both now quite incontinent and whilst laminate is probably the best solution I think as it's a bungalow it will be for more the elderly market who probably prefer a carpet.

Any recommendations on a carpet I can put down that is hard wearing or erm smell resistant whilst it's being marketed as they need to live there in the interim.

Many thanks!

SpeckledyBanana Sat 12-Nov-16 18:21:18

Abingdon Stainfree is bleach-cleanable. Would something like that be any good?

jeaux90 Sat 12-Nov-16 21:30:43

That sounds perfect they have "accidents" and I need to keep it smelling and looking ok iyswim! Thanks!!

SpeckledyBanana Sat 12-Nov-16 21:36:39

We have potty trained DD with it in our lounge and it does scrub up well, even in quite a pale colour.

jeaux90 Sat 12-Nov-16 21:40:00

Banana if you don't mind me asking, does it clean up ok after you know a more "serious" accident? I am having to contend with both types of incontinence at the moment with my parents confused

SpeckledyBanana Sat 12-Nov-16 21:47:39

IME, yes. Ours is 4 years old and has dealt with wee, poo, coffee, cola and ribena, plus felt pen. We tend to leap on the stain straight away and scrub pretty hard with antibac spray, and we also use a carpet shampoo from time to time. It doesn't smell, and dries pretty quickly.

jeaux90 Sat 12-Nov-16 22:23:54

Thanks banana really appreciate that, sounds like a winner!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now