oh well i dont habve to worry about the no flashing yer pants anuymore as now CARTWHEELS are banned at dds school

(50 Posts)
MaloryBoden Tue 10-Jun-08 19:22:54

has the world really gone utterly farkin mad????

<<<<bemused>>>>>>>

DarthVader Tue 10-Jun-08 19:24:07

I would be fuming if this were my child's school

southeastastra Tue 10-Jun-08 19:25:08

er why?

PeaGreene Tue 10-Jun-08 19:25:59

eh?

any reason given?

MingMingtheWonderPet Tue 10-Jun-08 19:27:07

Cartwheels and Handstands are banned at DS's school

What do they do all lunchtime on the field nowadays? That's all we ever used to do in the summer.

WideWebWitch Tue 10-Jun-08 19:36:03

oh ffs.
fking stupid

YABU. cartwheels are terribly dangerous. My second cousin's friend's brother had an eye taken out while doing a cartwheel when he was 6.
At my DDs school they stand motionless and silently throughout breaktime while wearing legionnaires type hats and factor 600 sunblock in the shade of a structurally sound tree, but not in any mud. then they remove thier outdoor shoes and change into indoor shoes while not pushing each other.

I'm very happy with this. my children are safe from any harm.

misdee Tue 10-Jun-08 19:43:47

you are joking?

shock

wonderstuff Tue 10-Jun-08 19:44:00

pmsl nigella, this is why i love mn, reasures me i'm not mad smile

Herodias Tue 10-Jun-08 19:44:44

The world has gone mad

shock what ARE they allowed to do now?? hmm

hullygully Tue 10-Jun-08 19:59:22

crochet quietly

misdee Tue 10-Jun-08 20:00:07

no crochet needles are deadly.

no kiss chase then?? hmm

MingMingtheWonderPet Tue 10-Jun-08 20:26:34

Def no kiss chase, that could lead to, well, ahem kissing!
Reading a book sounds perfectly reasonable to me, or maybe doing some extra maths tuition?

wonderstuff Tue 10-Jun-08 20:31:23

But have to be careful which book, dont want them getting ideas!

misdee Tue 10-Jun-08 20:32:33

they might get a paper cut mingming!

which is why my children stand motionless and silent. no chance of them breaking any rules or hurting them or anyone else or getting dirty or hot or cold or god forbid getting ideas

lazymumofteenagesons Tue 10-Jun-08 21:40:02

I broke my friends nose doing a handstand, but no one realised it was broken until she got home. Found out years later that she developed a serious drug problem. See what can happen if you allow handstands !!

MaloryBoden Tue 10-Jun-08 21:54:24

no am not joking

i laughingy asked dd if she wore gym knickers today and she got really cross and told me that in assemble today the HT told them no handstands or cartwheels because "somebody might get hurt"

dd1 is fuming

dd2 is pleased as she hasnt mastered the art of cartwjheeling yet wink

have NVER been to school to complain or question anything but i really feel like going in and saying WTF to the HT

angry

MingMingtheWonderPet Tue 10-Jun-08 21:54:41

I understand now Nigella, very safe. I was obviously proposing an idea that might be just too much fun. How often should the suncream be topped up?

Is Bulldog definitely out? grin

madamez Tue 10-Jun-08 21:58:00

I think you should have a word with the school, actually. Because if this is anything to do with the idiocy about little girls being forced to conceal their knickers, then it needs addressing big time: we don't want this kind of drip-by-drip effect of making our DDs cover up more and more of their bodies and restrict more and more of their activities.
I don't even have a DD let alone a schoolage one (and never yet mastered the art of the cartwheel), but I would be making a fuss about this.

FluffyMummy123 Tue 10-Jun-08 21:59:43

Message withdrawn

bluewolf Tue 10-Jun-08 22:02:37

It is ridiculous but also I thought that schools were letting girls wear tracksuits as it makes them happier about doing sport and not showing off cellulite, massive sanitary towel or tampax string and corned beef legs to disapointed paedolphiles?

cory Tue 10-Jun-08 22:04:53

Dd told me that two of her friends got told off by dinner ladies for putting some sticks and stones together for a pretend camp fire. Not because they had any matches and could really have set anything on fire- but because sticks and stones are dirty and they shouldn't be touching them. angry

At dd's school the Friends have collected money for beautiful new climbing equipment, set up on one of those safe foamy surfaces. You'd think the kids would have a lovely time every breaktime- but no, they are only allowed on it once a week according to a strict rota system when the correct supervising adult is available to supervise their class.

I know schools are always defending themselves with the notion of these potential suing parents. But can you seriously imagine a parent that would sue the school "because my dd touched a piece of wood in the playground"? What harm could they sue for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now